Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
259
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
960

The Merkles

Summary:

In this sort of spin-off from the E! ep, "Grateful", we see what happens when the troublesome couple starts their old tricks at station 16.

Work Text:

The Merkles
by Robin R. Neher


As soon as the staff of station 16 returned from the rescue of Carter and Amy Merkle, all went into the kitchen for coffee.

"Say, Brice, that couple we just rescued, that name sounds familiar." Said Paramedic Bob "Animal" Bellingham.

"You're right, Bellingham." Craig Brice agreed. "Oh no!"

"What?" Animal asked.

"The Merkles. They're that couple that 51's rescued when a drunk drove through the restaurant where they were eating and they got caught underneath the guy's car. Bellingham, we got trouble, big trouble." Brice realized. "Gage told me that after the rescue, the Merkles were always at the station, cooking for the guys! They even followed them on rescues!"

"Uh oh, now it's our turn." Bob realized.

"Not if we put a stop to this now." Brice said. "We can't let what happened at 51's happen here."

"What have you got in mind, Brice?" Captain Steven Warren wondered as he and the others joined the medics in sixteen's kitchen.

"Captain, we just have to tell the Merkles we don't want them here." Craig answered. "Flat out. No sugar coating, no diplomacy."

"Brice, we don't wanna hurt their feelings. They've just been through an ordeal!" Firefighter Norman Todd protested.

"Todd, Brice is right." Cap Warren agreed. "Diplomacy is what got 51's in trouble. Brice, you have to deal with Carter and Amy."

"Yes, Captain." Brice replied.

"Here's your chance." Bellingham whispered as the couple in question entered the kitchen.


TBC..........