Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,454
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
858

Ashes To Ashes

Summary:

Rating: FRT-13
Pairing: None
Characters: Dean, Sam, OC
Disclaimer: I don't own, but I do fantasize lol. I'm not making any money.
Warnings: Vivid accounts of abuse
Summary: People are being burned to death, but nothing else, not even the floor beneath them are singed.
Submitted through the Sam And Dean_Supernatural Fanfic mailing list.

Work Text:

Ashes To Ashes
by Sweetnocturnalbliss

"According to the reports this is the third death in two months," Sam said. He and Dean were on their way to a small town by the name of Ruddington. "The bodies were consumed by fire, but nothing else was burned, not even the rug beneath the victims."

"Maybe the bodies were moved," Dean suggested, glancing over at his brother.

"I don't think so," Sam replied. "All of the victims were reported to be at home at the time of their deaths. They were all kids between the ages of fifteen and nineteen. Their parents heard a scream, went upstairs and found their kids burnt bodies lying on the floor."

"That's brutal," Dean said. "Human torch?"

"If it is I've never seen anything like this," Sam said, folding the newspaper and putting it away. "It doesn't make sense that it's happening to all these kids in one town. I'd say it was Hell Fire, but Hell Fire would torch everything in its path. A fire demon maybe?"

"Maybe," He agreed. Dean stopped the car in front of a small hotel. It was a little after eight pm. They checked in and started walking towards the diner across the street.

"The last victim's name was Marion Cochran," Sam said stuffing his hands in his pockets. "Eighteen years old. The funeral's tomorrow."

Dean pulled out their new FBI badges and handed one to Sam. "We'll make a cameo."

They walked inside and sat down in a booth. A waitress came over and handed them menus. Her blonde hair was pulled back in a ponytail and Dean eyed her figure as best he could through the baggy red shirt and blue jeans.

"Can I get y'all a cup of coffee," She asked.

"Please," Dean said smiling.

She nodded and walked away. A moment later she returned with two cups of coffee.

"Listen we're with the FBI," Dean said pulling out his fake badge. He flashed it long enough that she could see the FBI logo and put it away quick enough that she couldn't see any discrepancies in it. "We're here about the fire victims."

The young woman visibly tensed. "What about them?"

"Did you know any of them?" Sam asked.

"I knew all of them," She said gingerly. "This is a small town you know. Everyone knows everyone."

"What about the last victim, Marion Cochran," Dean said. "Were you close with her?"

She shook her head. "I knew her, but she was a few years younger than me. She usually always hung out with Dorian."

"Dorian?" Sam asked.

"Dorian Adams," The waitress said. "She was Marion's best friend."

"Do you know where we can find her?" Dean asked.

"Well yeah," She replied. "She's over there in that corner booth."

Dean and Sam looked over. A girl with red hair was sitting with a cup of untouched coffee in front of her. Her blue eyes were red and her nose was puffy. She was wearing a bulky blue sweatshirt and blue jeans.

"Thank you," Dean said. The two brothers got up and walked over to the other booth. "Dorian Adams?"

She looked up and wiped away a tear. "Yeah, who are you?"

They flashed their badges. "I'm Dean, this is Sam. We're with the FBI. Do you mind if we sit down?"

She gestured to the empty side of the booth and they slid in. "What can I do for you?"

"We understand you were best friends with Marion Cochran," Sam said, gently.

She nodded and smiled sadly. "Yeah, I was."

"We're sorry about your friend," Dean said. "Do you mind if we ask you a couple of questions?"

"What do you want to know?" She asked crossing her arms over her chest.

"Were you present the incident occurred?" Sam asked.

"No, but she lived next door," Dorian replied rubbing the top of her nose with the sleeve of her sweatshirt.

"Have you noticed anything unusual?" Dean asked. "Anything out of the ordinary?"

Dorian shook her head. "No, not really. Well, I mean these deaths's are unusual and out of the ordinary, but nothing besides that."

"Do you know if there have been any reported sightings of anything strange out in the woods?" Sam asked.

Dorian knitted her brows together. "I don't understand why you're asking all of this."

"I know it's a little weird," Sam said. He didn't want to scare her and make her stop talking. "But just bare with us all right?"

Dorian stared at him for a moment and sighed. "No there have been no reported sightings, at least not that I know of."

"Did Marion dabble in Witch Craft?" Dean asked. It was a little off the subject, but if someone had conjured some kind of demon, it would at least give them an idea of what they were looking for.

Dorian's eye's widened for a minute and then she shook her head vigorously. "No, her parents would have killed her. This is a very God fearing town. You either believe in God or they tie you up and pray over you until you do." She reached up to brush her bangs out of her eyes and the sleeve of her sweatshirt fell down to her elbow.

Dean noticed that there were raw rope burns around her wrist along with a few bruises on her arm. "What happened?"

Dorian quickly pulled the sleeve back down to cover her arm. "Nothing."

"It looks like you were tied up recently," Sam said. "Were you serious about being prayed over for seven days?"

"What, no!" She said quickly. "That was just a joke."

"Then what happened?" Dean asked.

"Look, it doesn't matter," Dorian snapped. "I thought you were here about Marion?"

"We are," Sam said gently. "We're just trying to find out all the facts."

"There are no facts," Dorian said. "What happened to Marion and the others is impossible. It makes no sense." Her tone was nervous. The brothers exchanged a glance, knowing something was up.

"I know it's hard," Dean said. "But is there anything about Marion that you think will help us?"

"Dorian," A man yelled walking up to them.

Dorian's head snapped around. Dean and Sam looked over. A big man, wearing a blue flannel shirt and blue jeans walked over to them. He had shaggy black hair and blue eyes.

"Dad," Dorian said. "What are you doing here?"

"Looking for you," He said angrily. He reached over and yoked her out of the booth by her arm.

"Hey take it easy," Sam said standing up. Dean scooted out behind him.

"Who the hell are you?" He asked, sizing them up.

"Sam Davis," He said flashing his badge. "FBI. This is my partner Dean Johnson."

"What the hell is the FBI doing here?" He asked them, still holding on to Dorian's arm.

"Investigating the deaths the town has experienced in the last few months," Dean said.

"Yeah, well I'm Rick Adams and this is my daughter, who was supposed to be home two hours ago."

"I'm sorry," Dorian said. "I lost track of time."

"That's no excuse," Rick snapped tightening his grip on his arm.

"Hey take it easy on her," Dean said. "She just lost her best friend."

Rick glared over at him. "This is none of your business. My daughter doesn't know anything about what happened, so stay away from her." He turned and practically dragged Dorian out of the diner.

"Nice guy," Sam drawled. He hadn't met him for two minutes and already he didn't like him.

"Yeah, he's a prince," Dean agreed.

After they finished their meal they went back to the hotel and Sam hooked up his computer. He wanted to do a little research on the history of the town and see if there were any other unexplainable death's in the past.

"Research?" Dean asked plopping into bed.

"Yeah," He replied as the computer booted up. "At the very least we could be dealing with a vengeful spirit. Sort of like the Woman in White."

"It could be," Dean said propping his head on his hand. "Maybe someone was murdered by fire and there spirit is angry and going after these kids for some reason."

"I don't think so," Sam said. "The only results I'm getting are an accidental fire that took the life of one woman." He looked over at Dean. "Her name was Alexis Adams."

TBC

~~~Let me know what you think.