Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2005-11-08
Words:
558
Chapters:
2/2
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,328

Not So Bitter End

Summary:

Pairing: Arthur/Zaphod
Rating: NC-17
Series: 'Infinity Minus One' movieverse

Arthur and Trillian break up and Zaphod has A Plan.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Not So Bitter End

Chapter Text

Title: Not So Bitter End
Fandom: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (the movie)
Pairing: Arthur/Trillian
Word Count: 200
Rating: G
Series: Part of the 'Infinity Minus One' series
Author's Notes: Written for fanfic100 No need to waste precious time and place on het!fics ;) Takes place about a week after 'Another Wasted Opportunity.'

Technically speaking, it wasn't a break up.

Break ups involved raised voices, harsh words, hatred looks and two (or at least one) broken heart. There was no raised voices, just gentle whispers, full of understanding. No harsh words, the words they used spoke of friendship and love, just not *that* kind of love. Hatred looks had never been even though of, their eyes were too busy being filled with sadness, remorse and perhaps disappointment. As for broken hearts... it hurt but what hurt even more was when the heart didn't break, though it should.

They didn't have much untying to do, after all, the affair was not even a moth old, Arthur had had longer relationships in high school. It was just a matter of taking some stuff out of each other's rooms and then telling Ford who told Zaphod- a quick ending of a short story.

Now, Arthur sat alone on the bridge of Heart of Gold, sipping some awful not-even-close-to-tea tea, trying to figure out why hadn't he made any supplies when he was on Earth the last time, completely unaware that on the other side of the ship, somebody was making plans.

Those plans were about him.