Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2005-11-18
Words:
4,822
Chapters:
3/3
Comments:
1
Kudos:
13
Hits:
2,676

Something I Forgot To Tell You

Summary:

Fandom: The Sentinel
Paring: J/B
Catagory: Pre-slash?
Rating: FRT-13 For some bad language.
Warnings: None
Summary: Blair has the flu..or does he?
The guys aren't mine {wish they were, but alas not}, anyway, I promise to put them back where I found them when I'm done playing.
Submitted through the SenseXangst mailing list.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Page 1

Chapter Text

Something I Forgot To Tell You
by Peggy R

Lying in bed, Blair ran his hand down to his stomach. Leaving it flat feeling queasy, he thought {oh man, I hope I'm not catching what everybody else has at the U.}

Finally feeling good enough to get up, he grabbed his robe and started down the stairs. Hearing Jim puttering around in the kitchen he smiled to himself, remembering last night in Jim's arms. {wow, I've got to be the luckiest guy in the world} he thought to himself.

Jim, having heard his lover stirring around upstairs had started breakfast.

"Morning Chief, breakfast will be done soon, by the time you're finished with your shower, it'll be ready."

"Breakfast?" Blair squeeked, one hand over his mouth and the other over his stomach, he bolted for the bathroom.

Jim was startled at first then went to check on Blair. "Hey Chief, you ok?"

"Obviously not" he groaned hanging his head over the john. "I'm sorry Jim, I didn't mean to snap at you."

"I know baby, it's ok."

Jim wet a washcloth and crouched down next to Blair and gently wiped his face with one hand and held Blair's hair back with the other when another round of heaving hit.

"Oh god, I wouldn't be surprised to see my shoes in here, if I were wearing any." Blair tried to joke through his misery.

"You're probably catching that nasty flu thats going around. Several of the guys at work have it, from what I hear it's a real ass kicker too."

"Yeah, alot of the kids at the U have it to." Blair said leaning into Jim's chest.

"C'mon baby, let's get you out to the couch, you think you can stand?" Jim asked.

"Yeah, with your help." Blair replied taking ahold of Jim's arm as they encircled him and lifted.

Jim helped Blair over to the couch and grabbed several pillows and put them behind his lover's back then grabbed the afgan and covered him.

"You just lay there and rest and I'll get you some juice."

"I don't know if my stomach can take anything right now big guy, but thanks." Blair said weakly.

"I really hate to have to leave you like this but I have to go to work, you sure you're gonna be ok?" Jim said as he walked over and placed his hand on Blair's forehead to see if he had a temp. He did feel a little warm but nothing to really worry about right now.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. I'm sure it's just the flu. You go ahead on to work, if I need anything I'll call, ok? I promise." Blair started falling asleep as soon as he had finished speaking.

Jim leaned down and placed a kiss on Blair's head, while caressing the left side of his face with his right hand. "Sleep well baby, I'll call you later to check on you. I love you."

Blair smiled in his sleep and snuggled into the hand on his face.

******************

Jim walked into the bullpin 30 minutes later, looking around it almost seemed like the place was deserted.

Simon came out of his office at that moment, seeing Jim alone was a rare sight.

"Hey Jim, where's the kid?" Simon asked.

"Oh hey Simon. I think Blair has what everyone else has. He was really sick this morning."

"Well thank god it's been really slow around here, for moment. This flu has really knocked people for a loup."

"Yeah, if it wasn't for this flu, I'd say Blair was pregnant." Jim kinda chuckled.

Simon just looked at Jim with a completely blank expression.

"What?" Jim asked seeing Simon's look.

"Well with all the other crazy stuff that's been going on between you and the kid do you really think it could be all that far fetched?"

"Oh C'mon Simon, Blair's a guy. Just in case you haven't noticed." Jim said jokingly.

"Yes Jim, I've noticed. I've also noticed the way you two are togeather, I also never thought that your sentinel thing was real either. And your spirit animals..."

"Ok....ok Simon I get the picture. But pregnant....give me a break." Jim said really thinking now. "I mean Blair and I have talked about adopting. We never really went anywhere with it, but we have talked about kids. No, no way, it's just not possible. I'ts just the flu."

"Well ok, you think what you want, but I'm going with pregnant. Anyway, with it being slow you finish up the case files on your desk and you can get out of here and go take care of that guy of yours before he gets any....uh....sicker." Simon said smurking as he went back into his office.

"Pregnant?? There's just no fucking way. That's IMPOSSIBLE.... isn't it?" Jim mumbled to himself. "Nah, it's just the flu. I'll get him to go to the doctor this afternoon. Looking at the files on his desk, he figured it wouldn't take him that long to get them done, there wasn't that many.

Two hours later Jim was walking back through the door at the loft. Blair was still asleep on the couch where he had left him this morning. Jim figured he'd lay down and try to catch a short nap while Blair was sleeping so he quietly went up stairs. He so wanted to lay down with Blair so that they could cuddle up togeather but he didn't want to disturb his lover while he was sleeping peacefully.

Jim had barely time to put his head on his pillow when he realized he was in the jungle. He noticed the campfire burning brightly, {Oh great, when ever I'm brought here there's trouble. Oh god, I hope it isn't Blair}.

"Relax sentinel, there is nothing lastingly wrong with your shaman and guide."

"Incacha?" Jim stood rooted in place as he watched his former guide walk toward him.

"Yes it is I, sentinel. Come, sit. You have questions?" Incacha motioned for Jim to sit by the fire.

"Yes, could there be the slightest possibility that my guide is pregnant?"

"There is something I forgot to tell you, sentinel." Incacha said.

Jim looked at Incacha with a raised eyebrow.

"Well, after all I wasn't always a spirit, I was human once." he replied at the look he received.

"Ok, you forgot to tell us what exactly." Jim asked.

"When a sentinel and his shaman, his true shaman, come togeather you feel the connection, correct?" the old shaman asked.

"Yes"

"When that connection is made, there is a slight change in the true shaman. A painless change, sometimes the shaman doesn't even know that it has happened."

"And that change would be......?"

"That change would be," the old shaman continued "that your true shaman can reproduce."

"Oh my god, then Blair really could be pregnant. With my......with my child!" Jim said excitedly.

"Yes, there is a very good possibility." Incacha replied. "A doctor will seek you out in a short amount of time. He is a good man and has helped many a sentinel and their shaman's with this perticular condition."

"Yes, ok, thank you Incacha. I'm not sure how I'm gonna explain this to Blair."

"Don't worry, sentinel. That will take care of itself. Now go to your shaman and love him, take care of him always."

Jim's eyes popped open, he couldn't believe what he had just been told, {my god, could it really be possible?}

He heard Blair starting to stir downstairs, getting up and going down to see how his lover felt, he was still turning it over in his head on just how to tell Blair this new development. He walked over to his lover's side and knelt down, "how ya feelin baby?" he said laying a hand lightly on Blair's stomach.

"I feel alot better now, maybe even a little hungry." Blair answered looking up into Jim's blue eyes.

"Great, how about something light, like soup?"

"Yeah, that's cool Jim, thanks." Blair said as he started to sit up, Jim put his arm around Blair's shoulders and helped him up.

"You wanna come over to the table and eat or would you rather eat right where you're at?"

{Ok, what's goin on? Jim's breaking one of his own house rules, what, am I dying or something?} Blair thought to himself. "Um no Jim, I can make it to the table."

Just then there was a knock at the door, Blair started to get up but Jim told him to stay put he'd get it.

Opening the door, Jim stood facing an elderly gentleman, "Hello, my name is Dr. Chopeck. I was sent by a friend to examine your sha...a friend." he said looking around to see if there had been anyone in the hall to hear him.

"Um...Hi, Jim Ellison," Jim said extending his hand to shake that of the doctors. "This is my partner, Blair Sandburg." The doctor and Blair shook hands.

"Well young man, it looks like your the one I was sent here to check up on." The kindly doctor said to Blair.

Blair looked from the doctor to Jim, "Jim, did you ask a doctor to come here to check me out? I told you, I've only got the flu. Just like everybody else."

Jim looked from Blair to the doctor with a help me look upon his face.

"Yes well, I wasn't asked by your young man here. I was sent by a mutual friend to make sure that things were coming along fine." The doctor saidto Blair.

"Things? Jim whats going on?" Blair looked at Jim as the doctor took ahold of Blair's arm and helped him to his feet.

"We'll just go into the bathroom and do an examination and a few simple tests to see how you're doing." The doctor led Blair into the bathroom and closed the door.

Jim was pacing the floor, wondering how it was going in there. He had promised himself that he wouldn't listen in....all of a sudden there was a shout from the bathroom.

"I'M WHAT......???"

The End