Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
767
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
967

Here kitty kitty

Summary:

Disclaimer: Everything you recognise probably doesn't belong to me but to Joss Whedon, Fox, Warner Bros and a bunch of other creepy people I don't know.
Archive: Sure, if you want it, take it. But please let me know where it is heading!
Rating: This is absolutely safe for everyone!
Spoilers: None, alternate universe
Couples: Buffy/Xander
Feedback: But of course!
Comments: This fic is dedicated to my beloved little cat that was only one year old when she passed away recently. I miss you Sprite!

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

 

Here kitty, kitty
by Angel Wings

Buffy carefully opened the door to Xander's basement. She tried to make as little noise as possible but the door creaked and Xander looked up at her sitting on his bed. "So much for the surprise, surprise part", Buffy laughed.

"Hi Buff" Xander said.

Buffy desperately tried to hide the big box behind her back, but she could tell from Xander's curious face she wasn't succeeding. She walked over to him and gave him a little kiss on his lips when he got up. "Hello birthday guy!" she said, "Happy birthday!".

Xander had a surprised look on his face. "You didn't forget!" he said quietly.

"Of course I didn't!" Buffy replied giving him the box she was hiding with a big smile on her face. Xander took the present out of her hands. "Careful!" she cautioned him.

Xander's surprised look on his face turned into puzzled when he got a look at the box. It was wrapped in flashy pink paper with a red string around it. But the strangest about the box were those little holes in it. It was covered with them. Xander sunk back onto his bed and he tapped on the space next to him, inviting Buffy to sit down too. She did, and she gave Xander a little kiss on his cheek whispering in his ear, "Now open your present!"

"How I love surprises!" Xander said, "I always have! You know, when I was little..." He suddenly got interrupted by a loud, complaining meow coming from inside the gift. Xander stared at it in terror, "You didn't give like, one of those miniature demon, did you?"

"Buffy started laughing hysterically, "Xander! Open the box please! I'm dying to know what you think of it!"

He slowly and carefully started undoing the present from its enwrapment and the strings. Buffy was looking at him in eager. When Xander finally opened the box a cute little head appeared with two green eyes.." Xander gasped, "Oooh... Buff..."

It certainly was the most adorably little creature ever that tried to crawl out of the box, tripping over the strings. It had one light spot around his right eye, and a black spot around it's left eye. It had one light paw and the other paws were black. Buffy released the tiny cat from the strings and handed it to Xander who didn't know how to hold it.

"It's so little..." he whispered as if he was afraid to blow it away when he spoke up.

"And so cute!" Buffy tittered, "Really I couldn't resist it, it was looking at me in the animal shop with those begging eyes..."

Xander still didn't really know what to say. "It's adorable!" he finally said. He looked deep into Buffy's eyes who was still sitting next to him, "Now I'll also have some company when you're not around.." he whispered.

Buffy blushed slightly. `He's even cuter than the cat!' she thought to herself.

Xander slowly putted the little cat on the ground and he leaned into Buffy giving her a passionate kiss.

The two lovers lost all contact with the real world, but a loud noise of a glass falling on the floor rudely interrupted them.

"Damn!" Xander said pulling away from his girlfriend, "The kitten spoiled my soda all over the floor!"

Buffy started laughing again when she saw the cat slurping from Xander's drink. He quickly got up to clean the mess. He bent down on his knees and he rested his weight on his elbows, so his face would be at the same height as the cat's eyes. "You're already a little brat!" he talked to the tiny animal, "What am I going to do with you?"

Buffy smiled at the moving scene of her boyfriend sitting on the ground talking to his pet. She got up and sat down next to him on the floor, cautiously avoiding the soda. "What is it anyway that she spoiled?" she asked trying to keep the laughter out of her voice.

"Sprite", Xander pouted.

"Maybe you should call her Sprite.." Buffy said timid.

Xander smiled. He stood up, pulling Buffy up with him also. She snaked her arms around his waist and he wrapped his around her too. She leaned into him and they kissed, totally forgetting everything around them. "I love you..." Xander breathed after the kiss.

"I love you too, Alexander..."

They kissed again. They didn't even feel the cat, Sprite, circling around her bosses, knowing that she had picked the right girl to go home with..


Tell me what you think...?

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Angel Wings.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.