Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
547
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
697

That Night

Summary:

CLASSIFICATION: Spike/Willow
SUMMARY: Spike & Willow talka bout their relationship and what it means.
SPOILERS: AU season 4; no Willow/Tara.
DISTRIBUTION: Any sites with my fic up; you all have unspoken permission. I write it, you can post it. Everyone else just keep my name on it and let me know.
DISCLAIMER: If you don't recognize it, chances are it's my own creation. If you do, I don't own it. Joss Whedon, Kazui Sandollar, The WB, UPN, et. al. most likely do.
FEEDBACK: Please send it offlist and let me know it's feedback; I do rapid delete on my account due to a lot of spam
AUTHOR'S NOTES: For Jessica, who wanted Spike/Willow fic. Also, my entry at winter_spillow.
CHALLENGE ANSWERED: The bi-monthly challenge at
http://www.betweeneternitytime.com/ The things to include were:
*Must include one slash or Unconvetional pairing, minor or major is
fine.
*Must include btvs or ats characters, crossovers is fine.
*Must be your work, but doesn't have to be new. Also more then one
entry is allowed.
*Must include a pile of something, it can be leaves, snow, grass,
twine, whatever.
*Must include a bowl of hot soup, which is not to be eaten. You can
pour it one someone, mention it in passing, slurp it, but it cannot
be fully eaten.
*Must include these quotes:
Character 1 - This is the time of year when we're supposed to give,
yet you take and take and take...
Character 2 -I gave you me didn't I?

OR

Character 1 - Some people just can't change. Some people are born wrong, are born broken...
Character 2 -Then let me fix you.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

That Night
by Ragna

Spike was whining. "This is the time of year when we're supposed to give, yet you take and take and take..."

Willow just shook her head. "I gave you me didn't I?"

"Suppose you did." He handed her a bowl. "Your soup."

"Nummy, tomato." She sniffed the soup for a moment and then recoiled. She turned to Spike, who took a spoonful and spit it out. "I was about to tell you..."

"This isn't my blood!"

"No, *that's* my tomato soup." Willow handed the unopened bowl to him and took hers. She set it down next to a pile of books she'd brought with her. "I've lost my appetite for the moment."

Spike took his now open bowl of blood and pored it into the mug he had with him. He looked at Willow and grinned. "Want a taste, Red?"

"Um, no. Thanks." She picked up a book and began skimming through it. "Hey, Spike?"

"Yes, love?"

"Ever wonder what might have happened if, you know, you'd been able to bite me that night?"

"That night" referred to the night in Willow's dorm, when Spike had tried to bite her but they discovered that the chip in his head prevented him from hurting humans. Something about him that night had xhanged Willow's opinion on the vampire. She spent time with him, got to know him. And Spike, for his part, was encouraged by the fact that someone gave a damn about him.

It was a good match, the two of them thought. Of course, no one else agreed at the time. In fact, Buffy had asked Willow to move out of the dorm room when Spike had stated he would like to stay over one night.

Now Willow was a Scooby-by-relation-to-Xander-and-Giles. Buffy didn't acknowledge her or her relationship with Spike, which both Spike & WIllow found a bit hypocritical. Xander had gotten over the initial shock, as had Giles, and while they weren't super supportive, it didn't change their point of view about her.

"I don't know, pet. Probably would have drained you dry."

"You're serious?"

Spike shrugged. "All I knew about you then was you were the Slayer's friend and you knew magic. That would have hurt her, which was what I wanted to do."

Willow nodded, shutting the book and turning to Spike. "Well, I'm glad it didn't work."

"I am too, pet. Like you too much now to consider you a snack."

Willow smiled. "You know what? I'm tired of being in this room all day, and it's past sunset. Want to go for a walk?"

Spike took her hand. "Why not?"

***

As they walked through the campus, Buffy watched from a distance and scowled. She blamed Spike for the loss of her best friend. Things weren't the same anymore, and it was all his fault.

She glanced at the couple one more time before turning away. It hurt to see them together, mostly because she'd pushed Willow away. She was the real cause of the rift in their friendship, she realized, not Spike.

Didn't mean she had to like him, though.

She headed for Willow's new dorm. She'd wait for them to return, and then eat some crow and apologize. Willow was happy, and that was a good thing.

Right?

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Ragna.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.