Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
284
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
815

Starting Over

Summary:

Once again all alone...title changed to STARTING OVER .. Poem REDONE

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Starting Over
(Previous title: Once Again All Alone)
by Kelly

The snow is once again falling heavily and the air is bitter cold. Standing alone is a tall figure dressed in black leather. His fur-lined collar is pulled up around his elegantly pointed ears in a futile attempt at keeping warm. It was bitterly cold there on that lonely snow-crested hill top but the figure was in no hurry to leave.

The figure slowly bends down and dusts the falling snow off of a large marble stone. It was a dark colored stone with elegant artwork and writings on it.

Once the snow was cleared from the stone the black clad figure read what was printed on it.

CAPTAIN JAMES TIBERIUS KIRK
BORN 2212 DIED 2250
HE LIVED AS HE DIED WITH GREAT HONOR

 

A lone tear fell from the figures dark colored eyes. He wipes at it absent mindely. A shiver runs through him as a cold breeze breaks through to his grief filled world.

Slowly the black clad figure stands his face hard with grief. Pausing, he reflects upon the life that he had with this man buried where he now stood. All the thngs that they had experienced together throughout the many years that they had served with one another, all the hopes and dreams that they had shared, and the promises that they had made to one another.

With great sense of loss he walks away from the grave site. He knows that it was now time to say goodbye to his old life and to start his new one. That it would be a lonely time without his best friend, and Soul mate of his he had no doubts.

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Kelly.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.