Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
415
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
805

Unrealized

Summary:

- A post Sent. Too AU
Permission to archive:sure, just let me know where
Fandom(s): sentinel
Genre slash
Pairing/Characters:J/B
Warnings:Not quite a death fic

Work Text:

Unrealized
by chilipepperz61

Jim held his sleeping guide close. He felt the warm breath against his chest as he cuddled the younger man in a gentle embrace. The soft inhalation and exhalation of each breath reassured the sentinel that the once vibrant student still lived.

The day Alex Barnes had drowned Blair in the fountain was the last time Jim had seen his young guide's smile. It had faded when Jim had explained that he had to follow Alex to Sierra Verde. Jim had expected to come back and finally tell Blair how much he loved him. He dreamed of holding the warm body as he gently made love to his beautiful guide, but when he arrived home he was met with silence.

In his absence, Blair slipped into a deep coma. The blow to his head dealt by Alex, had caused massive swelling in the brain. Swelling that had gone unchecked while Jim had chased after Barnes. Blair had not awakened.

Naomi signed the papers to remove her only child from life support. No one expected Blair to live after the ventilator was removed, but he had clung tenaciously to life. He was moved from the hospital to a care center, but after only a few visits to the drab place, Jim could no longer bear to be separated from his guide.

Steven had offered Jim his luxury cabin in the mountains and Jim had accepted the offer gratefully. He moved Blair there and hired private nurses to help care for his guide.

Jim retired from the police force, choosing instead to live off the income from several past investments. Blair would never again hurt for anything from his sentinel. Jim vowed that when Blair awoke from his long sleep that he would not be alone. He cared for his guide, gently bathing and shaving the still body, happily changing feeding tubes and finally, each night, holding him close.

Every night Jim made the same prayer, that the next day he would again see Blair's bright blue eyes. He remembered every smile and each and every gentle touch Blair had ever offered. Each memory was cataloged and Jim held on to every dream. Until the day this guide awoke Jim would be reassured by the gentle breath against his chest as he held his love and he knew that if the breathing ever stopped and the soft beating of Blair's heart were to end, he would die along with his beloved guide.

The end