Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
713
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
14
Hits:
1,010

Ditsy

Summary:

Written for: spander132 moodring, to illustrate one of the boys being "ditsy"
Fandom: BtVS
Pairing: Spike/Xander
Rating: FRT-13
Characters: Not mine, Joss' - I'm just playin' with 'em
Concrits: welcome in comments

Work Text:

Ditsy
by Cas (virtualpersonal)

Xander arrived at the almost empty bar and tossed his jacket on a stool. "Still haven't done it, have you?"

Elbows on the bar, Spike knocked back his drink and turned. "Tried. Person's a bit thick, yeah? Doesn't get what I'm going on about."

"I can't believe you get cold feet." Xander ordered a beer, and then looking at Spike, shook his head. "Must be someone pretty special."

"Yeah." Spike's heated gaze lingered on Xander's throat, watching it convulse as the guy drank. "You could say that."

"Who is she?" Xander hit the vampire's arm. "Come on, spill. I gotta know..."

"Mysteries are better sometimes." Spike started lifting the bottle to his mouth when Xander's hand blocked him. "What?"

"I'll help you." Okay, he'd never imagined those words coming out of his own mouth. Spike needing dating tips from the zeppo. Still, it had been so long since Spike dated, and he'd finally spilled about having a crush and not knowing what to do about it. How could Xander do anything but help?

"You will."

Xander broke the odd silence that stretched between them. "Yup... gonna be all helpful-guy and help you get the girl." Wait... was that a wary look that entered Spike's eyes. The guy had it bad. Really bad.

"You will?"

"Yeah repeato-boy, Xan to the rescue." Xander grinned and popped some peanuts into his mouth. "So what's she look like? Blonde, brunette? Redhead?"

"Brunet."

"Ah... dark beauty. It's a start. Long or short."

"I don't know I haven't seen...oh... you mean hair...right. Short, very short. A lot like yours."

Running his hand through his hair, Xander answered, "haven't had time for a hair cut. I'll get on it. So... brown hair, eyes?"

"Brown. Like yours"

Xander felt Spike's gaze on his eye, and self consciously touched his patch. "Can't be like mine, or she'd be all yo ho ho,.. not your type."

"A wide range of people are my type. You'd be surprised." Spike reached out and straightened Xander's patch. "Always did like pirate movies. Pirates are sexy, yeah."

"Okay let's get back to your problem," Xander moved his head away. "Hot bod?"

"Oozes hotness, yeah."

Huh? Was Spike comparing him to some girl? The way his eyes had roved over his body made Xander a bit uncomfortable. "Hot... hot's good," his voice was slightly squeaky.

"And tight." Spike openly stared at the corded muscles peeking out from under Xander's shirt which had crept up his waist when the guy leaned back against the bar.

"Right. This pirate girl, got nice wench breasts?" Xander licked his lips.

"No... no I wouldn't say that. Nice ass though. Very nice ass."

"Huh. Okay, don't tell her that." Xander took another swig of his drink. He was missing something. It was skirting on the edges of his mind, but he couldn't quite catch it. "Okay... pretty smile?"

"Smile for me."

"Huh?" Bemused, Xander did just that.

"Very pretty smile. Yeah... what next."

Xander blinked. "Well... you might try telling her you like her smile. No pressure, just strike up a conversation. Or let her know you like her, you know?"

"I think I got it." Spike leaned close to Xander's ear and whispered. "I like your smile." Dropping a couple of bills on the bar, he slowly strode out of the bar, never looking back.

"Huh? I mean... huh?" Xander looked at the bar tender. "He doesn't mean me. He means me? " Slowly, he turned to look at the doorway Spike had left through.

end