Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
670
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
6
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,139

Customer Service Hell

Summary:

Notes: This is a bit of a "Mary Sue". I am in this as the Customer Service Rep. I do this for a living in RL and I *had* to purge my bad day. Only Blair could help. I changed the name of the company I work for to protect the guilty and my job. . But yes,... this *is* what I do for 8 hours a day, 7 days a week. Pity me...

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Customer Service Hell

by Scorpio

 

...:::after being on hold for over an hour and a half, three department transfers, and one accidental disconnection, Professor Blair Sandburg *finally* reaches a real live human being on the other end of the phone - Me:::...

SCORPIO: Thank you for calling Fuck You Book Publishing Company. My name is Scorpio N Mental-breakdown. This is the Message Center. How can I help you?

BLAIR: //Thank all the gods! A *real* person at last// Hi. My name is Blair Sandburg and I'm with Rainier University. I adopted a book for my Intro to Anthropology 101 class, and the bookstore ordered a new Edition,. so I need all new Instructors Manuals and Supplements. Uh,... I need them by tomorrow.

SCORPIO: //Of course you do. couldn't have ordered it a month ago,... no, you academics all have to wait until it's too late// Well, Sir. Here at the Message Center I *do* have a database of texts, however it is a limited one. I can look up your books and *if* I find them, I will be happy to send it to you Federal Express.

BLAIR: Great!

SCORPIO: However, that *does* take five to seven working days to arrive. //*If* it *ever* gets there. The idiots in the fulfillment department should be drawn and quartered.//

BLAIR: Can't you like,... overnight it?

SCORPIO: Sir, it takes time to process your order and package your books. *That's* why it takes a week to arrive. Can I have the correct spelling of the last name of the author?

BLAIR: What? Oh sure,... Uh... The ISBN number is 0-13-982...

SCORPIO: Sir? Sir, unfortunately the database at the Message Center does not take ISBN codes,... I can only look up books by author name and title name. May I have the name of the author?

BLAIR: What? That's kinda stupid. How can you know if it is the right text without using the ISBN?

SCORPIO: I don't. That's why I agree with you. Unfortunately, the computer simply doesn't accept ISBN's. I'm sorry. May I please have the name of the author?

BLAIR: Sure,... Uh,... Hold on while I get my old book?. Uh,... thanks. It's Koltier & Vasser.

SCORPIO: Could you please spell that for me?

BLAIR: Huh? Oh, yeah. KOLTIER and

SCORPIO: Was that K-O-O-T?...

BLAIR: No, no. It's K-O-*L*-T-I-E-R & V-A-S-S-E-R

SCORPIO: Thanks. And the name of the text?

BLAIR: Essential Guide to Indigenous Peoples of the Tropical Rain- forest Volume 2.

SCORPIO: //Uh-huh.// What edition should I look for?

BLAIR: The latest. //Duh!...//

SCORPIO: //Duh! What if it's not listed? You get an old edition then bud.// Okay. I have a third edition listed. It has a few supplements as well.

BLAIR: Okay,... what exactly is listed?

SCORPIO: I have an Instructors Manuel, a Study Guide, a transparency package, an Annotated Instructors Edition, a Solutions Manuel, a Test Bank, and a Internet 99 users pack.

BLAIR: I'll take one of each please.

SCORPIO: The Message Center's ordering system is set up as to allow only one copy of three titles per order. That would be a total of,... three separate orders Sir.

BLAIR: What? That's ridiculous.

SCORPIO: I agree 100%. However, I didn't design the program. //and I want to strangle the person who did// I *do* understand it though, so I know how to get around it.

BLAIR: What do you mean?

SCORPIO: Duplicate orders are purged by Instructor name. Just give me three separate names,... one for each order.

BLAIR: Oh... Okay. We can send one to me at my office, one to my assistant Penny, and one to my boyfriend Jim.

SCORPIO: Fine,... let me type in the codes for the first order and I'll get all the shipping information. //Only another three hours to go girl,... then you can go home and check out the Star Trek slash pages on the Internet. hang on girl// Okay, Sir. Give me the first shipping address.

BLAIR: That one will go to me. Blair,... that's B-L-A-I-R, Sandburg, that's...

the end.

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Scorpio.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.