Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
983
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
911

Ready or Not here it Comes

Summary:

Ginny's wedding day. Is she ready or not?

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Title: "Ready or Not, here it Comes" (1/1)
Authoress: Mistress Vamp
Email: mod2682@yahoo.com
Pairing: Harry/Ginny, Adrian/Hermione, Draco/Blaise, Ron/Pansy
Summary: Ginny's wedding day. Is she ready or not?
Rating: PG13
Disclaimer: JKR owns the Harry Potter fandom. Copyright infringement not intended. I am merely using the characters for my own pleasures. Please don't sue. I have nothing to give.
Authoress Note 1-3: Not beta-ed and it's off the top of my head. I don't know where it came from, so it might *and probably will* suck!
Special Note: For LD who seems to like my plain and boring icons ;)
Word Count: 865
Written on: November 22, 2004
*****
It was her wedding day. She couldn't believe it was finally here. It was a day that she had hoped for and that she had dreamt about since she was a little girl. She dreamt that she would walk down the aisle with her father, that she would get married under the regular traditions that her family went through, that she would wear the most beautiful dress that she could imagine, and that she would be marrying the man that she loved. That day had come. She was now 21 years old, he was 22, the war was over for just close to a year, and celebrations were being held all around.

It wasn't only her time to celebrate, but it was a celebration for everyone around. Hermione had finally found her place with Adrian, the two having had a six month courtship before they were married; then you had Pansy and Ron, the King and Queen of snogging, and as strange as it may sound, Draco and Blaise had found, not only their place together, but they were now a part of their little group, Harry, Ron, and Hermione having accepted them after they turned sides to help them win the war. They were a pack. All eight of them and Ginny knew with time, the pack would only grow.

Ginny watched herself in the mirror, hidden tears starting to form in her eyes. It was her wedding day and she had everything she could possibly want...except one thing. She had her friends, her brothers, her fiancée, her mother...but her father wasn't there. Ginny's eyes darkened then shut and she could feel herself taking a deep breath to control herself. He had been killed before her eyes in the war and the very last words she could hear from his fading voice was 'I love you, Ginny' then he was gone. Once the news of his death had been heard by the surviving Weasley's, they had all gathered with Harry and used their strength to punish the one that had taken their father from them. On that day, it was the greatest, yet darkest day, any of them had lived.

Ginny's eyes opened when she heard someone entering and turned, smiling when she saw her brother enter. She came to him and kissed his cheek, her tears flowing gently. Ron smiled down at her just a little and wiped her cheeks, his eyes a bit wide.

"Why ya cryin'?"

Ginny smiled. "Thinking, I guess."

Ron nodded a little. "'Bout Dad?"

Ginny nodded. Ron smiled at her. "Ya know what he would say?" Ginny shook her head. Ron took her hand and held it tight, his eyes calm. "He would say, 'Ginny, now, you're a young woman and you developed quite ripe. You're a beautiful young woman and that Potter is an undeserving man for a woman such as yourself, but I suppose I have ta give ya my blessing any way." Ron kissed her hand and smiled. "Now, from the words of the big brother, you look smashing!"

Ginny blushed and giggled. She was proud of this day. She had known how much Harry had wanted him to stand with her, but he also understood how much it meant to her to have Ron give her away since her father was unable. She had gotten closer to Ron during the war, the two becoming the closest of all the Weasley children. He was her protector and he was her best friend. So, tonight, Ron was pulling double duty. He was going to give her to Harry then he was going to be the best man, Hermione being her matron of honor.

She looked at him then pulled him into a tight hug, her tears falling freely. "I miss him so much, Ron."

Ron held her tight and nodded, keeping his voice as steady as he could. "So do I." Ron pulled back and looked at her, holding her hands tight. "You ready?"

Ginny took a deep breath as she looked at him, her face paling. "Are you sure Harry really wants to do this? I mean, I know we've been planning it for awhile, but, you know..."

Ron smiled and kissed her cheek. "Don't you worry yourself about Harry, Ginny. He's ready. Are you?"

She looked at him and nodded a little. She turned and walked to her bouquet, lifting it gently. She joined him and smiled. Ron looked at her then blinked. He patted the pockets of his suit jacket then grinned. "Got it!"

"Got what?"

Ron blushed. "Thought I'd forgotten Harry's ring to you."

Ginny blushed then giggled. She took his arm and kissed her cheek. Ron smiled and led her out, then to the doors, nodding at the ushers. Ginny took one last deep breath and let it out slowly as the doors opened. Once they stepped up to the doors, they could see all of her and Harry's friends gathered around. Her eyes met Harry's and she smiled, all of the happiness shining through. Yes. She was ready. She was more then ready and with that first step, she knew her father was there, watching over her, forever and always.
***
The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Mistress Vamp.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.