Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
258
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
4
Hits:
978

Weird and Wonderful

Summary:

Disclaimer – not mine
Spike/Dru
FRT
Summary: What were Spike and Dru doing in 1973?
Inspired by Bennie and the Jets by Elton John.
My mood is odd. I adore Elton. This is the result. There could be more, I'm not sure. Not beta'd.

Work Text:

Weird and Wonderful
By FemailoftheSpecies

Hey kids...Plug into the faithless
Maybe they're blinded
But Bennie makes them ageless

 

By the time Spike knew what she was up to it was too late. Not that he could stop her or even wanted to.

She had been amazingly good at diversion and he remained clueless until she wanted him to know. He shook his head, a small grin on his lips, as he realized this was how it always went. Drusilla was full of surprises.

He peeked outside, pushing the heavy metal door open a crack. The children, young adults really, were gathered in a long line that trailed around the building, unmindful of the mist and fog brought in with the disappearance of the sun. They came to see her and her band of carefully selected minions.

"Are you sure about this, Dru?" he asked as she donned the purple, mohair jacket to go with the bell-bottomed, hip huggers. He glanced up at her, annoyed that she stood taller than him now, the 4-inch heels of those glittering boots she'd made him steal from that novelty shop lit up and flashing in psychedelic colors that made his eyes water.

Patting his cheek, she smiled. "Absolutely, my Spike. Elton's in the audience." She kissed him quickly and started for the stage, speaking again as if hit by an afterthought. "And call me Bennie, pet, or mummy shall be cross with you."

end