Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
319
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
6
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,496

Not Roger

Summary:

Ramsey/Ashley-Pitt, Roger/Mac short ficlet -- Ramsey notices something.

Work Text:

Group Capt. Rupert Ramsey recognized a man with a crush when he saw one. That was exactly what Lt. Cmdr. Eric Ashley-Pitt was; a young man infatuated with one of his seniors.

Rupert could see it in Eric's blue eyes whenever Eric looked at Roger Bartlett. In Rupert's mind, Eric's feelings were completely understandable. Roger was a hero, never backing down and always finding ways to cause hell for the Nazis. What young soldier wouldn't respond to that?

But Roger would never look at Eric as anything more than a friend or kid brother. Why? Because Roger was completely in love with Sandy MacDonald and the feeling was mutual.

Rupert didn't ascribe to the moral code against male/male love. He had nothing against Roger and Mac. They were a perfect fit and he couldn't envision anything or anyone truly coming between them. //And at least they know to be discreet.//

That left Eric wanting somebody who couldn't want him back. Rupert felt sorry for the young man. Eric was sensitive and beautiful and deserved so much better than the world had shown him so far.

Rupert watched Eric watch Roger during the organization's first meeting in the new camp. Eric was attentive and eager to please. Rupert wondered if Eric would ever realize the truth. Would Eric ever stop and really see how Roger and Mac looked at each other? He hated to see Eric in pain but he also didn't want Eric to wait for something that would never come.

Rupert sighed quietly. Maybe he had a bit of a crush himself. Why shouldn't he? Eric was a very special man and he was only human.

However, that didn't mean Rupert would do anything about it. He was the senior British officer and he had to act like it. Plus, Eric would never welcome anything with him. He wasn't Roger and, unfortunately for Eric, Eric wasn't Mac.