Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2005-09-05
Words:
787
Chapters:
2/2
Kudos:
17
Hits:
1,986

Xander's Christmas Gift

Summary:

Xander gets his present a day early.

Chapter Text

Advertisement: Part of the SAC-2003 at: http://www.kardasi.com/Advent/2003

Note: No spoilers.

Beta: Thanks to the lovely and talented Edi.

 

Xander's Christmas Gift
by Caliadragon

 

Spike was slumped down in his chair, scowling at everyone around him. The sounds of Christmas cheer made him want to gag. The only one, besides himself, that seemed to be disgusted by the whole thing was the Whelp. Not that the boy had been sweetness and light, recently. Since the fall of Sunnydale and his return, without Anya, the boy had had very little to say to anyone.

Sp ike was unsure whether the boy blamed him for this or not, since he no longer even argued or sniped at anyone. For the last few months he had spent all of his time in remote parts of the hotel, doing repairs for Peaches. He seemed to be the only one earning his place in the hotel.

When he wasn't working on the hotel or at his day job he was working on cases, but mostly he kept to himself. The only people the boy seemed to allow near him was the Little Bit and Andrew.

None of the other so called Scoobies seemed to care or notice how reclusive the boy was becoming. Peaches and his crew just left the boy to himself. Well, everyone but the cheerleader, but she didn't allow anyone or anything to deter her. Spike had decided it was now up to him to help the boy out.

__________

Xander looked around and wondered why he was here. It wasn't as if he had anything to celebrate. Sure, he was alive, but so what? He wasn't close to his friends anymore and he had a day to go before he gave them their gifts.

He stood quietly and began to make his way out of the lobby and back to his room. He really didn't feel like watching his friends get drunk on eggnog, and party. Walking up into his room, he didn't notice that Spike had followed him.

When he reached his doorway, he gasped in shock as he felt himself spun around and kissed breathless. As the kiss ended he looked at the man who had grabbed him and smiled slowly. "Spike?"

"Merry Christmas, Xan," Spike said, before kissing him again. Xander broke away and opened his door, then pulled Spike inside.

The next morning Spike and Xander came down together. At first, no one seemed to realize that something had changed between the men. Dawn was the first to notice, and her happy squeal of, "You two are finally together!" made sure everyone else found out too.

Xander smiled serenely."He gave me my Christmas gift a day early."

Spike roared with laughter and kissed the boy.

 

The End