Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warnings:
Category:
Fandoms:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2005-09-04
Words:
8,556
Chapters:
10/10
Comments:
1
Kudos:
38
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
7,703

Death Sealed

Summary:

Friends and family witness Xander's death

Chapter Text

AN: Set not long after the First has been defeated. Faith is a vamp. The LA crew is in Sunnydale. Spike is souled, but not chipped. He still as moments of dementia.

Summary: Friends and family witness Xander's death.

 

Death Sealed

by Caliadragon

Spike rocked the boy gently in his arms sobbing in rage and frustration. He damned to the soul burning in his chest. Damned it for making him question what he knew he needed to do. Dmned it for not allowing him to do what justice screamed he should. Unsure of what to do he lifted the fragile body into his arms and carried him to the one person he knew would tell him the ight thing to do.

Suprenatural speed came to for as the grieving vampire ran from the house of horrors and out into the night. He would never be sure just how he long he ran through the dark or how he managed not to be attacked as he ran. All he remembered was the smell of blood and gore that covered the body in his arms. At one time he would have reveled in his burdens pains, but no longer. Not just because of the soul, but because of the boy himself.

When he reached his destination a sob tore from him as he smelled the one he saught over the stench of the boy. He kicked the door open and ran inside. Cries and curses met his entrance. Then silence as they saw wwho he carried in his arms.

"XANDER!" Willow screamed in agony rushing the vampire. Spike began to babble, much as Willow used to.

"Red, you gotta tell me what to do. He's dying, what do I do? Can't let him go from us Red. What do I do?" He screamed the last few words. Looking around him wildly.

"William, come to me boy." Angel's words snaped through Spike's deminsia and he ran to his Sire, Xander still clutched in his arms. "Give the boy to me." Angel commanded. He was sickened by the sight of Xander's many wounds. He knew that Spike was right. Xander was dieing.

Spike whimpered slightly then did as his Sire bid. He eased Xander into Angel's arms then began to pace wildly. "Wes, take care of Spike." Angel called out his attention centered on the broken boy in his arms.

Wes did as his lover bid and pulled the demented vampire away from the pair. He watched as Buffy, Willow, Dawn and Giles rushed forward to take their place. "Is he really d-dieing?" Dawn asked shattered.

Angel looked up at the teenager and nodded. "Turn him." Buffy ordered. Everyone in the room froze in stunned silence. "Willow has profected the curse. Turn Xander and Willow will curse him." her voice was hard.

Willow looked at Buffy then at her best friend and nodded. "Turn him." she echoed. Giles and Dawn reinforced the order. Angel looked at her with hollow haunted eyes. "I can't my tie to the Powers stops me from being able to make anymore childer, since I turned Faith."

Spike howled in rage. "Give him to me! He's mine. Hes always been mine. You gave him to me remember Sire. He's mine." Spike's voice was child like, yet broken. Angel nodded to him.

"Come childe, come get your boy." Angel ordered. As soon as Angel gave the order Wes released Spike and the four mortals moved out of his way. Cordelia could not believe what she was seeing. Stunned silent by Xander's condition and then Buffy's order she could only watch as the boy she once loved was drained and feed Spike's blood.

Beside her Andrew watched in fascination and relief as the man he secretly loved was saved and damned all in one movement. He wondered who did this to Xander and how long it would be before they all went hunting.

Spike gently lowered his new childe onto the carpet and looked up at the people surrounding him. "He will wake in a few days. We need to move him to the basement and then Red will need to do the spell." The act of turning Xander had restored his sanity. Who knew claiming the whelp would center his mind.

"Who did this?" They all turned to look at Larry. The former quarterback had return to town only a month before with the Pack to help destroy the First. No one knew how they knew to come. Though Buffy suspected that Xander had called them.

"His piece of shit father and some of his friends. I found him after they were through." Spike spit the words out as helpless rage rolled over him again. He wanted, needed permision to go and kill the monsters that harmed his childe.

"I say its time to make them pay." Anya said. She may have embraced her humanity, but no one hurt Xander. She and Xander may no longer be a couple, but she still loved him. If it weren't for him she and Giles would never have admited how much they loved one another.

"Let's make them pay." Came from those in the room. That night five men sealed their own death and they never even knew it.

END