Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
354
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
6
Hits:
868

My Final Prayer

Summary:

After Qui-Gon rejects him, Obi-Wan reflects on his love for him.

Work Text:

Dedication: Midnightskyrose, thanks for your help on this.

Broken and bleeding my wings lie in pieces around me. Like a cruel child, fate has pulled them from me. Blood pours from my wounds and surrounds me, baptises me. A laughing cloud moves aside for the mocking light of the sun to glare down on me, creating a halo around me. A halo I don't deserve. A burden I have never wished to carry.

Momentarily, I allow hate to carry me. Hate, such a wasted negative emotion. Negative emotions. It's an interesting concept. Perhaps the best way of defining which emotions are negative and which are positive is by which the Jedi are allowed and which they are not. By which emotions lead to the Dark Side. Hate. Anger. Fear. Doubt. Love.

Sighing heavily, I close my eyes, blocking out the blinding light of the sun. Thinking of my love for you. Yes, that indeed had been a wasted emotion. In my chest my heart clenches painfully, momentarily stopping. Another waste, the stopping of the pumping of blood, now it will take me longer to die. Just as each day I fell more in love with you I died a little.

Every time you looked at me, I felt a little shaft of hope pierce my already breaking heart. Then, when that hope died inside of me, it left its blackened, withered arrow lodged within my fragile heart.

Opening my eyes to the harsh light of the day, something I have faced many times before, I allow the tears to fall. My opponent looms over me, my weapon lies within calling distance, but I have neither the energy nor the desire to call it to me.

This, my love, is my final prayer to you. There will come no more. My wish is only that you hear this last one.

The light flashes as he raises his weapon and as I hear the familiar buzz as it cuts through the air I know my final moments are upon me.

And with my last breaths, I whisper my love for you into the light.