Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
974
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
735

And in conclusion

Summary:

I am pleased to announce the successful conclusion of my two-year quest to rid the galaxy of the danger presented by known terrorist leader Roj Blake and his associates

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

And in Conclusion?
By: CindyR

 

Computer, prepare to log in the following report regarding the events surrounding recent occurrences on planet M1143, known locally as Gauda Prime.

To: Var Shennan, President, Terran Federation of Planets
From: Commissioner Sleer, Temporary Base -- Gauda Prime

My Lord:

I am pleased to announce the successful conclusion of my two-year quest to rid the galaxy of the danger presented by known terrorist leader Roj Blake and his associates.

This task was accomplished due to a delicate piece of subterfuge perpetrated upon both Blake and his erstwhile collaborator, Kerr Avon, under the direction of myself. I first became aware of Blake's Gauda Prime operation almost two standard months ago from a traitor within Blake's own organization, a computer technician known as Lars Deva. Deva contacted me through one of his smuggler associates offering to trade Blake as well as his base in return for safe passage to one of the neutral worlds and one million credits. This was to be deposited under a pseudonym in one of the banks of the Orion Empire, which as you are aware we have not yet succeeded in annexing. Questioning as to his motives produced the information that this man had become dissatisfied with the methods employed by Roj Blake, as well as the possibility that he was going to be replaced in the command hierarchy when Kerr Avon eventually contacted the Resistance.

Psychostrategists evaluated and confirmed these reasons as being in accord with the man's psychological make-up. Their reports are attached under Addendum C.

Deva's offer was accepted. He was instructed to remain with Blake's operation, loyal in every respect, until such a time as Avon and the crew of the Scorpio made contact. Special attention was to be paid toward acquiring the computer code-named Orac for the Federation. All other operations were relegated to secondary status until this was accomplished.

As an aside, agent Deva was accidentally killed in the crossfire and did not survive to collect his reward. Most unfortunate.

Much information was received from Deva on the type of operations Blake was running, and another psychological profile was drawn up, this time so that we could choose an agent with the highest probability rating of penetrating Blake's organization and insinuating himself within the command structure itself if possible. Results recommended Captain Lora Arlin as the perfect choice for this assignment. Arlin bears a quite remarkable resemblance to Blake's dead sister, which, I was assured, would lower many of his natural barriers against her. She is quick-witted and well equipped to meet the needs of this particular mission. In addition, she has an A-4 rating in the psychostrategic fields and was a perfect choice to further my aims of feeding ideas and information into Blake?s intelligence network should that be a viable alternative to closing him down immediately. Following is an excerpt from Capt. Arlin's report, dated 1014.6:

"I first made contact with Blake in the forests about twenty kilometers from his main base. My resemblance to his dead sister stood me well, as I could see many of his initial misgivings melting away as our association progressed. I've studied old holos of his sister and incorporated many of her mannerisms and personality traits into my own, which the man subconsciously picked up on and reacted to.

"I was taken to the main base immediately upon passing the 'test' Deva had informed us of. I found Blake remarkably easy to manipulate after that, and as talk of the Scorpio's approach circulated the base, I attached myself to Blake himself.

"Rumors and tales surrounding Avon and the crew of the Scorpio are not uncommon, and Blake seemed inordinately pleased for any scrap of information I could feed him regarding his former crewmate. Though still suspicious of me, I could see where much of what I told him went to heart; perhaps it confirmed the stories he had picked up from other sources?

"I made sure that I emphasized the stories regarding Avon's growing instability. Doing so thus fostered the seeds of mistrust and suspicion which would be necessary for part two of the Commissioner's plan to succeed. Again Blake was suspicious, not completely accepting anything I told him, yet not rejecting it either. My psychological training enabled me to present the stories in a form he would find the most palatable, quite unlike what he must have been hearing from the criminals and fugitives he has been in association with since leaving Liberator two years ago.

"This strategy was quite successful, and as an interesting aside, the stories about Kerr Avon were true -- he was quite mad by the time he reached Gauda Prime.

"Blake had accepted my version of the stories so much so that he was hesitant to offer Avon a direct answer to the question of his betrayal. Unused to handling psychotics, Blake attempted a roundabout approach to the man, and was shot dead for his efforts.

"Unfortunately, I myself was knocked unconscious by the thief, Vila, and have no first hand information on the actual death of Avon or the others.

End report."

Arlin has been promoted to a major within Federation Security as a reward for the successful accomplishment of this assignment.

The bodies of Blake and his rebels were atomized and all evidence of Blake's base was obliterated to prevent the possibility of this being viewed as a martyrdom by other rebel factions. So far as anyone outside the on-site team knows, Blake has simply vanished... again. In my considered opinion, we may safely consider this matter to be closed.

End report.

On a personal note, Mr. President, may I tender my acceptance of the position as the ...'new? ...Supreme Commander of the Terran military forces, effective immediately. I'm certain we shall have a ...long ...and most beneficial association.

Supreme Commander Sleer out.

 

finish

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author CindyR.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.