Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
4,348
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
14
Hits:
1,146

The Bet

Summary:

Starbuck makes a bet at cards with a male friend of his and loses. He has now to date his friend for the entire evening. Only he had never kissed another man and doesn't want to spend for a rookie. He asks Apollo for help.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Disc: Battlestar Galactica belongs to Universal.
A bunch of thanks to Nikki, my beta-reader.

THE BET

By Bianca Michaeli
@@@@@@@@

 

"Apollo, I've got a problem."

Captain Apollo turned towards his best friend, Lieutenant Starbuck and looked into the falsely innocent blue eyes. "Why am I not surprised?" he smiled.

"I've got a real problem," Starbuck resumed, stopping their walking in the corridors of the Galactica. "I made a bet at cards and I lost."

"What's the bet?" Apollo asked, curious. "Money?"

"Not at all," Starbuck answered, chewing his lower lip. He looked embarrassed. "I played with a guy from the Red Squadron, Jim. As I lost, I've to spend the entire evening with him."

Apollo frowned. "You mean... as in a date?"

"A date, that's the word," Starbuck answered. "A romantic date. In fact, he wants me to be his boyfriend for the evening."

"What's wrong with that, Bucko?" Apollo asked. "Jim is rather a cute guy. But be careful, he's going to make you drink and you'll end up in his bed. It won't be the first time. He tried to do that to me when I was in the Academy."

"And?" Starbuck asked.

"And I'm a better drinker than him," Apollo smiled. "He rolled under the table before me. So, Starbuck, what's your problem?"

"I never kissed a guy," Starbuck whispered.

"Never?" Apollo asked, stunned.

He knew that his best friend was the ladies' man, but he had always thought Starbuck had at least dated a few guys when he was younger. Teenagers always try both opportunities before deciding if they were attracted to men or to women. Apollo had never decided and alternated boyfriends and girlfriends.

"If you laugh..." Starbuck groaned. "I'd ask Boomer, but I know he'd die from laughing if I told him I never kissed a guy."

Apollo couldn't help but smile. "I'm not laughing at you, Bucko. Only you've to admit it's rather surprising. I thought you tried everything about sex in your life."

"I'm not attracted to guys. I've never been," Starbuck muttered.

"Even when you were a teen?"

Starbuck shook his head no. "So, are you okay to help me? I don't want Jim to make fun of me."

"Okay," Apollo agreed. "Jim'll never guess it's only your second kiss with a guy."

Starbuck sighed in relief. If Apollo had refused, he didn't know what he would have done. "Is it so different from kissing a woman?"

"Not different, in fact," Apollo answered. "Rather... another taste. It's like eating chocolate or vanilla. Sweet, tasty, but not the same thing."

"Show me," Starbuck whispered. "I've got to be at the lounge in ten minutes."

Apollo laughed. "Okay, you young virgin. Come here."

Starbuck had a sharp look at the nickname but he didn't have time to argue. He came as close to Apollo as he could. They were almost the same height, even if the blond pilot was one inch taller than Apollo. Only now he felt a lot smaller. Apollo emitted self-confidence and virility.

Apollo wrapped his arms around Starbuck's frame and he felt his friend tense. He didn't ask questions, only gently stroking the blond pilot's back in smooth motions, while he began to nibble his neck. He felt Starbuck relax and he kissed the full lips of his friend, teasing them until they parted, and sank his tongue in the moist cavern. He felt Starbuck's hesitation and gently kissed him, until the other man's tongue came shyly into contact. Apollo hugged him more closely, sliding his fingers into the silky blond hair and deepened the kiss.

After what seemed an eternity, Starbuck wrapped his arms around Apollo's neck and relaxed in the dark haired pilot embrace, coming in full contact with his muscled body. When they finally broke the kiss they were both panting and Apollo had a cocky smile.

"Not that bad for a first time," he laughed.

"Can we have a second try?" Starbuck asked.

"Of course. Kiss me," Apollo ordered.

Starbuck smiled and kissed his wingman with his usual confidence, and Apollo nearly moaned from pleasure when the hot tongue ravished his mouth, when the muscled body of the blond pilot brushed against his. Starbuck was indeed a good kisser and Apollo would have liked it to last and last.

"Mmmhhh," Apollo whispered in appreciation when the blond pilot released him. "You don't have to worry about this evening. You kiss like a god."

Starbuck laughed. "Thanks. It seemed to me you enjoyed." Then he turned serious and asked, "Apollo, could you do something for me?" Apollo nodded and Starbuck resumed, "Well, if I need help with Jim, would you come?"

"If he wants you to do something you don't want to, just run your hand in your hair, and I'll come as quickly as I could," Apollo assured him. "Be careful, Bucko. Jim wants you and he often has what he wants."

"He won't have me."

@@@@@@@@@@

The lounge was crowded and Apollo felt unusually moody. He was seated at his usual table, in the corner, and was chatting with Boomer, Cassie and Athena. Sheba had come and gone. Since Serina's death she had made some tries with Apollo but the pilot was definitely not interested. For some reason, he disliked Sheba. She had a look on her face that made him uneasy, as if she was the huntress and he was the prey. He knew what she wanted. Sheba was more interested to become Commander Adama's stepdaughter than becoming Apollo's wife. And the pilot couldn't stand that kind of ambition.

He looked at his sister and they exchanged a smile as they watched Boomer and Cassie. Since Starbuck had told Cassie he preferred to break up, the blond woman seemed to appreciate Boomer's company. Then Athena's eyes turned surprised and Apollo followed her gaze. At another table, he saw Jim kissing Starbuck like if there were no tomorrow and for some reason, he didn't like it.

"Starbuck is only honoring a game's debt," he said to his sister. His tone was harsh and he wondered why. But he had to admit that he felt uncomfortable watching Starbuck and Jim kissing.

"I don't care," Athena muttered. "We broke up. He's free to date who he wants!"

Apollo hid a smile. He knew his sister had broken up with Starbuck only because she was tired of waiting for Starbuck's demand. But his sister was strong and wouldn't let a man make her depressed. Apollo's smile faded when his gaze went back to Starbuck. Jim was literally glued against him and the dark haired captain pinched his lips.

Apollo couldn't unlock his gaze from the couple made by Starbuck and Jim. He felt angry. He wondered if Starbuck couldn't be more careful with cards. That idiot was now forced to date Jim. Apollo clenched his fists. Jim was running his left hand into Starbuck's blond hair. The pilot wondered where his right hand was and when he noticed it was on Starbuck's thigh, his eyes narrowed.

Apollo took a last sip of his drink and wondered why he was so angry with Starbuck. The pilot realized that he was acting like if he was jealous and that troubled him. He wasn't in love with Starbuck so he had no reasons to feel jealousy. He leaned against the back of the couch and closed his eyes. Immediately the picture of Starbuck's face came before his eyes and Apollo remembered how good it had been when he had kissed his blond friend.

He opened his eyes only to find Jim's hand running on Starbuck's thigh with smooth motions until it rested on the blond pilot's groin. Apollo suddenly wanted to murder Jim in some nasty way. But he didn't have time to wonder about that thought. Starbuck was frantically running his hand in his hair even if he was smiling.

"I've to go," Apollo muttered to his sister and got up. He lazily came to Starbuck's table as if he didn't know he was there and suddenly found out about him.

"Hey, Bucko, didn't know you were here tonight," he said cheerfully. He could see the relief on his friend's face.

"We're spending the evening together," Jim spoke up, wrapping his arm around Starbuck's shoulders in a protective move that Apollo profoundly disliked.

Apollo deeply sighed. "So you're still angry with me, Starbuck?"

Starbuck was a born-comedian and he immediately jumped into the game. He gently pushed Jim's arm away and got up, wrapping his arms around Apollo's neck. "I'm not angry with you, Apollo. I just lost at cards and what was at stake was a date with Jim."

Apollo looked at Jim as if he doubted of Starbuck's words.

"That's true," Jim said. "It's only for this evening."

Apollo had a reassured smile. "So as it's past midnight, you're free to come with me?" he asked Starbuck.

The blond pilot nodded, lightly kissing Apollo's lips. "Of course." He turned to Jim. "You don't mind, do you? If I stay, Apollo's going to believe I'm still angry with him."

Jim slowly nodded. He looked angry but he didn't word it. "I never knew you were together."

"Really?" Apollo said. "That's not that we're especially secretive. Starbuck and I... it's a long story."

Jim slowly nodded then handed his glass. "Well, it was a fine evening, Starbuck. I hope we'll play cards more often."

Starbuck smiled, "Sure." He muttered to Apollo, as they were leaving, "Never more!"

They exited the lounge, Apollo's arm wrapped around Starbuck's waist, and only when the doors were closed behind them, the blond lieutenant exhaled a deep sigh. "Oh Lords, I didn't know how to handle it. That guy has at least ten hands! Thanks, Apollo."

Apollo turned his head towards his friend and his smile suddenly faded. From the corner of his eye he had seen someone was following them. He hugged Starbuck more closely and whispered in his ear, "Jim's following us. He hasn't bought your story."

"Frack!" Starbuck swore in a low voice.

"You can say that. He wants you, Bucko."

Starbuck sighed as they walked towards his quarters, close to Apollo's. He guessed that at the second he'd be left alone by the dark haired captain, Jim would ask to end the evening with him. Starbuck voiced his concern to Apollo who proposed his lieutenant to spend the night in his quarters.

"Jim'll understand he'd better leave you alone, at last," he explained.

Starbuck nodded and soon the door of Apollo's quarters closed over them and the blond lieutenant sighed in relief.

"What have I done to him?" he complained. "I just lost at cards, that's all."

Apollo smiled. "You're cute, Starbuck. The whole male staff of this ship wants to date you."

Starbuck looked at him with big blue eyes. "Are you serious?"

Apollo nodded. "All the guys find you attractive, Bucko, and... well, it's really a pity you're so straight."

Starbuck nervously licked his lips. "All the guys... including you?"

Apollo lowered his eyes then said quietly, "Yes, including me." Seeing his friend's stunned gaze, he quickly added, waving his hands. "Hey, come on, Bucko, I'm joking."

Starbuck had a cocky smile. "So you don't want to date me?" he asked in a falsely stern voice.

Apollo let a smile play on his sensuous lips. "If things were different, I'd do anything to date you, Starbuck."

Starbuck stepped closer to Apollo. "Thanks," he whispered in a low, sensual voice.

"Can't you thank me better than that?" Apollo asked in the same tone.

He hadn't expected Starbuck to reply but the blond man smiled. "Yes, I can," he whispered, kissing Apollo. Apollo eagerly responded to the kiss, wrapping one arm around Starbuck's frame, while his other hand played with the lieutenant blond, silky mane. As their kiss deepened and became more passionate, Starbuck suddenly pulled away, his face flushed. "Apollo, we'd better stop," he whispered.

Apollo looked at his friend with a pang of regret then smiled with his usual kindness. "Of course, Bucko." He looked at the bed. "Time to go to bed." He caught Starbuck's gaze and added quickly, "I mean, to sleep, only to sleep."

Starbuck laughed and nodded. "Let's go to sleep."

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Apollo awoke in the middle of the night and felt a warm body pressed against his. He frowned, trying to remember whom he had invited in his bed. Then he remembered Starbuck's bet and smiled in the darkness. During his sleep, Starbuck had snuggled against him and now his back was resting against Apollo's chest. The dark haired pilot carefully wrapped his arm around Starbuck's waist and gave a gentle kiss to the blond hair.

Then he drifted back to sleep.

@@@@@@@@

The dimmed light automatically switched on in the cabin, faking dawn. Apollo groaned and kept his eyes closed, refusing to wake up. He felt Starbuck waking up and smiled. His arm was still locked around his friend's waist and he really liked the sensation.

Starbuck groaned when the alarm rang and switched it off. He stretched and his move made his bottom rub against Apollo's groin. The blond lieutenant suddenly stiffened when he felt something hard brushing along his butt. "Apollo?" he called in a low voice.

"I'm sleeping," the dark haired captain groaned.

"You... You've got a hard-on," Starbuck said as if he was reporting a Cylon attack.

"Morning erection," Apollo explained in a sleepy voice. "Doesn't happen to you?" he asked, squeezing Starbuck's crotch. "You've got one, too."

"Apollo!" Starbuck's chocked voice yelled as the young man tried to disentangle his body from the other man.

Apollo suddenly completely woke up and became aware of what he had just done. He bit his lower lip and carefully removed his hand. "Sorry, Starbuck. I wasn't fully awake."

Starbuck didn't reply and Apollo began to worry. "Starbuck," he tried again. Then he saw his blond friend move and roll on his side, so he was facing Apollo. His eyes were troubled and he swallowed. Slowly he came closer to Apollo until their bodies came into contact. Starbuck gently buried his face into Apollo's neck and began rubbing his body against his wingmate's until Apollo came back from his surprise and hugged him back, bucking his hips into Starbuck's.

Apollo didn't want to talk, he was afraid to break the magic but soon the discomfort of too much clothes on made him speak up. "Do you mind if I undress you a bit?" he whispered into Starbuck's hair.

The blond man stopped his moves and smiled. "I guess no," he said, sliding his thumbs into Apollo's briefs waistband. The dark haired man took off Starbuck's tee shirt and briefs as the blond man was doing the same to his lover. Soon they were kneeling on the bed, naked, facing each other, their manhoods erected.

Apollo gently hugged Starbuck and gave him a deep kiss as his left hand wrapped around his wingmate's hard shaft. Starbuck moaned into his mouth and mimicked the caress until they seeked for a more full contact, lying down on the bed, Apollo toping the blond lieutenant. The dark haired captain nibbled Starbuck's neck then drew a path from his collarbone to his nipples with his mouth, teasing them with his tongue, his hand never leaving the other man's member. He kissed Starbuck's flat and muscled stomach until blond hair tickled his nose when he reached his lover's groin. Apollo couldn't resist and began to lick at Starbuck's manhood, eliciting a surprised moan from his friend.

He raised his head only to see Starbuck leaning on his elbows, his face flushed with desire, looking at him. Apollo buried his face into Starbuck's groin and engulfed the throbbing member in his mouth. At the contact of the hot, wet mouth around his shaft, Starbuck fought hard to keep his control and avoid bucking his hips into Apollo's face. Apollo was licking and sucking hard on Starbuck's manhood and he was soon rewarded by a bit of precum that oozed into his mouth. He tasted it, enjoying his savor.

"Apollo!" Starbuck's voice was a hoarse whisper. Apollo raised his head again and Starbuck motioned to him. "Come. On me. I want to do it to you."

Apollo smiled and became aware that his throbbing erection was now nearly painful. He made Starbuck roll onto his side and did the same, so soon each man had his face buried in the other's groin. At the first tentative tongue-strokes Starbuck gave to him, Apollo nearly came but he kept his control, not wanting to startle his lover. He resumed his own caress, his hand playing with Starbuck's heated sac. His own arousal was growing quickly but as he was about to say his lover he was going to come, Starbuck bucked his hips violently and came, shooting jets of hot semen into Apollo's mouth. This was too much for the dark haired man who closed his eyes and came in turn, fountaining white seed into Starbuck's mouth.

They lay a few minutes on the bed, without talking, still shaken by their intense orgasm. Then Apollo shivered as the cold air around him stroked his sweat-covered body and he moved to face Starbuck, pulling to covers back on them.

Apollo was a bit afraid of Starbuck's reaction. He knew this was a first for the blond man and hoped it hadn't been a dead end. But he was soon reassured when Starbuck snuggled against him, kissing him on the lips. Only he seemed upset and Apollo cuddled him a bit before asking what was wrong.

"Dunno," Starbuck explained. "It started yesterday, when we kissed for the first time. I thought I'd not feel something, but I found it rather... agreeable. I liked it. Then I kissed Jim and I disliked it. Then I kissed you again and I liked it. And now... that. I don't understand what happens to me, Apollo, and it frightens me a bit."

Apollo felt a deep relief when he heard that Starbuck liked to kiss him, but not Jim. "Perhaps you're only discovering a new side of your personality," he answered. "Bucko, why didn't you ever date a guy when you were younger?"

Starbuck lowered his eyes and played with the fur on Apollo's chest. "When I was in the orphanage, there was a guy I really admired. He was a bit older than me, taller, muscled, and I think that, perhaps, I was in love with him. I wanted to become like him. I was only ten and I wasn't yet interested in sex. One day I found him in one of the cellars of the orphanage. He was with another guy that I found rather dull. They were having sex. And I saw that guy that I admired more than everything on his stomach, begging that dumb guy to fuck him harder. I was disgusted and I swore to myself I would never allow someone to treat me like that."

"That's why you only date girls? Because you think they can't dominate you?" Apollo asked.

"Physically they're not equipped," Starbuck smiled.

Apollo rolled on his back and crossed his hands behind his head, remembering some of his hot lovemakings with Serina. "Have you ever had a woman you love giving you head and you begging her for more?" he asked Starbuck.

The blond lieutenant blushed when he remembered some hot moments with Athena. Apollo's sister was a genius to make him beg for more. "That's not the same thing," he tried to explain. "You're not subjected. You can pull the girl away. If you're on your stomach and a guy is on top of you, it's rather difficult."

"I like that," Apollo confided. "I like when I'm with a man I love and he covers my body with his. I trust him to give me what I need. That's love, Starbuck. You've to trust your lover. Whatever his gender."

"I'm afraid," Starbuck said, and the words sound weird in his mouth.

"Do you trust me, Bucko?" Apollo asked, feeling desire taking birth again in his body.

Starbuck looked at him for a long time and slowly nodded. His member was again fully erect. Apollo groped into the nightstand and grabbed a little bottle of massage oil. He put it near the bed and took Starbuck into a sensual embrace, stroking the muscled body of his lover. The blond man responded fiercely to his advances but soon pulled away, panting. "Make love to me, Apollo," he asked in a low voice.

"Whatever you want, lover," Apollo answered, kissing the blond man's lips. He put the pillows in the center of the bed and gently made Starbuck lay on them. He could feel that the other man was tense so he gently ran smoothing circle on his back, softly rubbing his erected organ against Starbuck's bottom. "We'll do it your way, lover," he whispered. "If you want me to stop, I'll stop. Never be afraid to tell me your needs."

Starbuck nodded and relaxed slightly. Apollo took the little bottle of oil on the nightstand and opened it. Lavender sent filled the air as he poured a bit of the oily liquid in his palm and coated his throbbing shaft. He briefly wondered if he shouldn't prepare Starbuck with the oil but decided against it. He had a better solution. He let a trail of kisses on Starbuck's spine, making him shiver. He kissed all the way down until he reached the blond man's entrance and gave it a gentle kiss that made Starbuck moan. Apollo smiled and continued kissing his lover's most intimate place with butterfly kisses that turned Starbuck crazy with desire. Only when Apollo heard him moan and nearly sob from desire did he stop his ministrations to position himself between Starbuck's parted legs, entering him the most gentle way he could. At first he met a bit of resistance but Starbuck was hot and ready and soon he bucked his hips against Apollo's manhood, impaling himself on the hard shaft.

Apollo slowly moved to rest on top of Starbuck, thrusting slowly and deeply into his lover while kissing his nape, whispering words of love. Starbuck had his eyes closed and he moved in rhythm. Apollo wrapped his hand around Starbuck's shaft and pumped on it. The blond man became feverish and suddenly whispered, "Harder, Apollo. Fuck me harder."

Apollo easily complied, and soon their sweating bodies were moving in sync, sliding easily against each other, moaning the same passion until they both came at the same time in a white hot pleasure that left them exhausted, collapsing on the mattress.

Starbuck fought to catch his breath. He couldn't believe what had just happened. Apollo was still in him, although he was limp, his body covering Starbuck's, but the blond lieutenant didn't feel threatened or subjected. He only felt wonderfully good and when Apollo moved and withdrew to lie down besides him on the bed, Starbuck rolled on his side and hugged him, pulling the covers back on them, his head resting on Apollo's chest.

"How do you feel?" Apollo asked.

Starbuck softly laughed. "I never felt so good. You're a wonderful lover, captain."

"So are you, lieutenant," Apollo responded, stroking Starbuck's hair. "Did you feel subjected?"

"Not at all. I think I saw something I wasn't ready for when I was at the orphanage. These guys were simply in love."

"You were too young to understand. It's a pity it deprived you to having male lovers all these years."

"It's not a pity," Starbuck replied, leaning on his elbow and sinking his gaze into Apollo's. "I'm glad you're the first and..." He stopped, closed his eyes for a brief second and added, "I hope you'll be the only one. I love you, Apollo. I only understand it this morning but now I'm sure of it. All these years I was too afraid of a male lover to even tell myself my true feelings towards you, but I loved you since the first day I met you."

"I love you, too, Starbuck," the dark haired captain said. "Since I meet you. The day we did our first patrol. Do you remember it?"

"Oh, Lords, yes!" Starbuck smiled. "The captain of the Green Squadron came to me, and gave me my assignment. I hoped to be paired with Boomer, but he told me I'd have the honor to be Commander Adama's son wingmate. I was scared. Then we had our first patrol together and when we landed after that fight against the Cylons, I felt something very strange. Only I never knew it was love."

"I was scared, too. As Adama's son, I was supposed to be more than good," Apollo remembered. "And you already had your reputation. But when I saw you, I forgot everything. I fell in love at first sight. Then a friend of mine told me you were straight as an arrow and I decided if I couldn't become your lover, at least I could become your friend."

"And when I dated Athena, you didn't suffer too much?" Starbuck inquired in a concerned voice, thinking to all the time he had kissed the young woman in front of his brother.

"I suddenly regretted not to be born female."

They laughed together and lovingly kissed.

@@@@@@@@@

They were lovingly kissing when a polite cough interrupted them. Apollo raised his head and saw Jim standing in front of them. The lounge was crowded like every evening and Starbuck and his lover were seated at their usual table, openly flirting under Boomer and Cassie's amused gazes.

"Starbuck, I wondered if you'd like to join me in a card game?" Jim asked.

Starbuck laughed. "Well, I don't think so. Apollo never wants me to do a bet like that again."

Jim smiled. "I understand him. If you were my boyfriend, I wouldn't let you do that neither."

Apollo waited until Jim had left to say to his lover, "You said the truth despite you, Starbuck. Never do again that kind of bet."

"Never," Starbuck promised, kissing him.

Finis

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Bianca Michaeli.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.