Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2005-12-18
Words:
2,151
Chapters:
5/5
Comments:
1
Kudos:
28
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
3,279

A choice to make

Summary:

What would've happened if one on the boys couldn't resist the $20'000 reward in the "Unlikely Heirs"?

Chapter 1: Page 1

Notes:

Pairing: N/A
Archive: Yes
Summary: What would've happened if one on the boys couldn't resist the $20'000 reward in the "Unlikely Heirs"?
Content Warning: Harsh language
Copyright: May 2001 By Robin R. Neher
THIS STORY IS WRITTEN FOR PLEASURE AND IS NOT INTENDED TO INFRINGE ON ANY PREEXISTING COPYRIGHTS THAT MAY BE VIOLATED. FEEL FREE TO SHARE WITH FRIENDS, BUT NOT FOR PROFIT.
THIS STORY IS FICTIONAL, A WORK OF THE WRITER'S IMAGINATION. THE CHARACTERS AND INCIDENTS USED IN THIS STORY ARE PURELY FICTIONAL AND ARE NOT BASED ON ANY PERSON AND/OR PERSON'S ACTUAL EXPERIENCES.

Chapter Text

A choice to make
by Robin R. Neher

All the guys waited on pins and needles as their Captain and Paramedic John Gage faced off in the rec room.

"Gage, you have a choice to make. If you accept that money, then you have to give up your badge." Hank told the young man. "If I allow you to take that money, It'll just show that firefighters can be bought."

"Cap, the policies are stupid!" Johnny argued.

"Johnny, those policies are there for the good of us all." Cap insisted. "If firemen were allowed to accept gratuities, they'd no longer be effective."

"Ah, screw you!" Johnny sneered, slamming his badge on the table, then grabbing the cash. "I'm tired of stupid, rules and procedures! Everything we do, we have to check with the Chief! I'm outta here!"

With that Johnny grabbed his stuff and started to walk out, but Roy grabbed his arm.

"John, okay. Go on and take the money." Roy said, softly. "But I want you to take that badge laying on the table too. Keep it with you always to serve as a reminder of the honorable man you once were. A man who proudly did his duty and expected nothing in return. A man who once made a promise to serve this department faithfully and honestly."

"Roy, I tried that." Johnny answered. "I worked a job that barely gave me enough to live on and constantly put me in danger. A job that many of my friends died doing. It's time that John Gage take's what's his!"

"What are you gonna do when that money's gone, Johnny?" Cap asked.

"Something better than this." John flatly replied, then walked out of the station for the last time.


TBC.........


end part 1