Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,199
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
971

Molly's Story

Summary:

What if Molly saw the scene in 405 were Justin goes to Chris' house. Thank you Beth for your beta work.

Work Text:

Molly's POV

 

Mom has a boyfriend now and they're out on the town so I'm stuck at Tina's house once more. I hate being here. But she's mom's best friend and her son is in my class, which makes it convenient for her to take me to school in the morning. The only good thing is that I get to sleep in the attic. It's fun some nights. I can just watch out the window or use this old telescope I found up here. I make up stories about the neighborhood as I watch. Sometimes I say I have homework just so I can come up here early to watch. Sometimes it's the people and other times it's the train, especially at night. I can ride it to places were things are perfect. My family together and loving like before Justin came home with Brian; or maybe, at least before the bashing, when I lost my hero. Justin is still my big brother, no matter what dad may say. Tonight though, as I stood staring out the window, my world changed.

I watched as Chris Hobbs drove up to his house and climbed out of his car. I remember the first time I saw him. It was a few months ago and daylight. He was out working in the yard. When I realized who it was I wanted to scream and beat on him but the only thing I could think to do was throw my Coke can out the window. It hit him in the back. I don't think he saw me in the shadow of the window when he looked up. I watched as he walked over to the fence. He saw my mom as he looked over it then just turned around and went into the house. I don't remember seeing him out the rest of the day. Mom just said to forget him, as the court said he had paid his debt to society. Dad just changed the subject like always. But how do you live with seeing the one who destroyed your family, leaving a mom crying for months and a brother that doesn't seem to remember that he has a sister. One that needed him as the home she knew was torn to pieces.

But now I'm watching him head for his door as I catch sight of two men. They're coming out of the shadows. I should call out for help, but they're only talking. I can't see much of them but after a few minutes it looks as if they're leaving and Chris is reaching his door. He stops and turns. One of them is holding a gun and their bodies are speaking volumes of pure anger. My only thoughts are, *now finally you'll pay for what you did to my brother*. I know that if this was anyone else but Chris I would be running down the steps to tell. But it's Chris and my feet are glued to the floor. Chris is walking down from the door and his back is turning towards me. The one with the gun is holding it to Chris' head as Chris gets down on his knees. Chris doesn't look so big now. He has started to shake. I can tell the man with the gun wants something from Chris.

The gunman looks like my brother except for the haircut but Justin could never do anything like this. The second guy looks like he is really getting excited. He looks wilder with each moment that goes by. Things look like they're getting out of control, maybe I should go get help. Yet still I stay, watching this dangerous game play out before me.

I'll decide after I see them better so I pull the telescope over. Looking though it, my world spins out of control as the face of the gunman becomes clear, it's Justin! I turn back to watch out the window. Justin is telling Chris something and the other guy seems to be rooting Justin on. Chris is shaking. He's afraid of my brother! I want to yell "Way to go Justin!" And yet, I don't want him to go to jail but I'm frozen.

I move back to the telescope to see Justin's face. I see a look of satisfaction then it becomes one of anger, hate and power. I can see my brother's lips moving, and then the hammer on the gun pulled back. In my mind I'm yelling, "No Justin, No! You can't shoot him!" I can't go for help now, it's Justin with the gun and the last thing I want is for the police to be called. Justin's finger moves, stops then moves again. It stops once more and I look into Justin's face. The anger and hatred that had been there is now gone. And a look of completeness is replacing it as the gun is pulled away from Chris.

Turning back to the window I watch as Justin waves the gun for Chris to go inside. Justin turns to Chris, who is looking back at Justin. I wish I had been looking though the telescope at Chris. I can just imagine the scared look on his face. Justin has the stance that he had before the bashing now. It's how I remember him being when my hero was protecting me. I watch as Chris' door shuts and Justin turns back to the second guy.

Justin pushes the gun into his hands then turns away. Justin is walking like I remember when I was little. It's the walk of "I can handle anything." I always thought he could when I was a little girl then the bashing happened. The guy is going crazy but Justin just keeps walking, calm and cool.

Justin's accomplice finally left after Justin was out of sight. He seemed just plain crazy to me. I tossed and turned for a while as the scene played over in my mind. I didn't know if I should say anything about what I had witnessed. And who should I tell. Mom? Brian? Daphne? Justin? I finally fell asleep.

The next day school seemed to last forever. I practically ran for my bedroom when I was dropped off at home. I ran up the stairs into my room, locking the door behind me. It was important that no one overheard the call I was going to make. Mom should be at work for at least two more hours but you never know.

 

"Hello?" came the voice on the other end. It had been months since we last talked.

"Hi, Justin."

"Molly, what's up?"

"I saw what you did last night." I held my breath for what seem like a minute, but Justin said nothing. "I'm glad my big brother is back. I Love you, Bye"

I hung up the phone. Now it's time for my hero/big brother to make the next move.