Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
371
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
1,257

Like A Young Courting Couple

Summary:

A few years in the future Hermione is teaching at Hogwarts. She and Severus are not a married couple, but they sure do bicker a lot…

Work Text:

Like A Young Courting Couple

"Hey, Professor, do you get off work soon?" Snape glowered at her over the third year Potions essays he was marking. "You know perfectly well that the school day ended one hour ago, Miss Granger." "That's Professor Granger now, Professor Snape," the curly-haired witch sniped. "You will always be that annoying little know-it-all that made top marks every year, Miss Granger," Snape said pointedly. "Hmmph!" she huffed. Snape smirked. A crafty smile came over her face. "Does that mean you'll always consider me underage, Professor Snape?" she asked idly. Frowning, Snape said, "I will always consider you much too young for me..." "...and I will always consider myself much too smart for you," she retorted. Rising from his seat at his desk, Snape stalked toward her. "You might be the Muggle Studies teacher, but it takes years, bloody long, hard years, to become a Potions Master." She raised one brunette eyebrow as he came to a stop in front of her. "And it took me years - bloody long, hard years - to convince you to court me, Severus, so I think we're even in that department," she stated firmly. Narrowing his eyes at his lover, Snape remained silent. After a moment, he asked, "Was there some particular reason you came looking for me, Hermione?" She shrugged nonchalantly. "Well, I was just curious as to whether you wanted to have a quickie before dinner since I'm going to be busy helping Hagrid all next week, but..." She trailed off leadingly. His eyes flashed. "Walk with me back to our quarters, and we shall...discuss the possibility." She grinned widely and exited the classroom, Snape close on her heels. "Well, there is the fact that my Gryffindors have been complaining about your bad mood for several weeks now," she started, heading towards the dungeons. "Oh?" Snape asked with an, 'And that's relevant how?' expression on his face. She nodded and flashed him a cheeky smile. "Yes, they seem to think that if you got laid more often, you might lighten up." Snape growled. "Why those irritating little...!" Albus Dumbledore watched them walk off down the hall, bickering at each other all the while. "Ah, young love. Isn't it grand?"