Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2005-07-27
Words:
2,107
Chapters:
3/3
Kudos:
17
Hits:
1,838

Lupus Mutatio

Summary:

Remus Lupin’s first full moon in the Shrieking Shack.

Chapter 1: human

Chapter Text

Lupus Mutatio
Chapter 1 : Human

It was quiet, far too quiet for Remus Lupin's comfort. He sat naked upon a tattered mattress in the shack that the Headmaster and teachers of Hogwarts built and warded for him.

Curling tightly into a fetal position to ward off the constant pains of the impending transformation, he wished that the werewolf who gave him this curse had killed him.

He screamed as his bones began to break and reconfigure themselves. This was always the most painful part of the change, the part that made him want to drive a silver knife into his heart because it would hurt less. Once the sickening cracking of his bones ceased, he braced himself for the next stage of the transformation.

Remus howled shrilly and tore at his skin in hopes of obviating the pain and tingling underneath. It was as if someone was pulling cruelly at every single hair follicle on his body simultaneously. He clawed his face as the bone cell formation increased rapidly and his skin stretched to form the wolf's snout.

He paused for a moment to rest and fight for control of his mind. The wolf laughed at his struggle internally.

Finally, he stopped struggling and shut the door in his mind between the wolf's consciousness and his own. Remus wept for his lost innocence and hoped beyond hope that the wolf wouldn't be able to get out of this house.