Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
477
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
1,114

Drabble: Shadow Dancer

Summary:

small scene based on ep "Shadow Dancer"

Work Text:

It was well past two in the morning before Danny got home. He didn't bother turning on any lights and went straight to his bedroom. He threw his coat over the chair near his desk and switched on the lamp.

Danny shuffled over to his closet and stripped. He threw his shoes inside and hung up his suit jacket and pants. Then he shed his tie and shirt.

Danny put on a pair of pajama bottoms, turned the lamp back off, and crawled into bed. He was so tired but his mind was too active to let him sleep. He took the phone off the bedside table and set it next to him.

Danny hesitated because of the hour but dialed Joey's number anyway. He was only partially surprised when Joey picked it up after one ring. "Hey, Joey."

Joey was in bed at his own apartment, having the same problem as Danny. He smiled. "Danny."

Danny heard the warmth in Joey's voice. "I hope that I didn't wake you."

Joey sighed. "No. You know how it is when you're not here."

Danny pictured Joey lying there, sprawled out and looking so damn inviting. "I feel the same even though you take up all of the room."

Joey laughed. "We just need a bigger bed."

"So you can spread out even more."

"That's right, but you know that you'd still wake up in the morning with me half on top of you."

Danny chuckled. "You move around more in your sleep than anyone I know."

Joey hugged a pillow to his chest, wishing it was Danny. "I can't help it."

Danny could see Joey's pout. "Have you tried?"

Joey pretended to be offended. "I don't need this abuse."

"You can't fool me. You love it."

"You know me so well. So, what else happened? What took you so long to get in?"

Danny grinned. "Bartoli got Luca out in his bathrobe."

"I wish that I could've seen that." Joey whistled. "And burning all that money. That was fun." He paused and lowered his voice. "I loved watching you slap Bartoli around."

Danny smirked. "That's a memory I'll always treasure."

Joey laughed again. "Me, too."

"I'm going to Mike's tomorrow morning to tell him all about it."

"I'm sure the new father-to-be will be happy to hear it all, especially Luca being dragged out of bed."

Danny yawned. "I guess that we'd better get off. We both have to work in the morning."

Joey's smile disappeared. "Yeah, I know."

Danny sighed. He missed Joey as much as Joey missed him. "Will you be able to sleep now?"

"Yeah."

"See ya tomorrow."

Joey couldn't hold back a long yawn. "Night, Danny."

Danny laughed quietly. "Night, Joey."