Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
685
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
22
Hits:
1,238

Drabble: Justice Hits the Skids

Summary:

small scene based on ep "Justice Hits the Skids"

Work Text:

Joey shuffled the papers around on his desk. He tried to work but couldn't focus. His eyes kept darting to the clock on the wall. Ten minutes. He and Danny would get off in ten minutes as long as nothing came up.

Joey shifted impatiently in his chair. Nate and Walter were gone already, Mike was in the office, and he and Danny were alone in the squad room. He looked at Danny, who was reading a fie and tapping a pencil on his desk.

Danny felt Joey's gaze and looked up. "Got any plans tonight, Joey?" he asked in a completely innocent tone.

Joey shrugged and matched Danny's tone. "Not really. I'll just wait and see what happens."

"Sometimes it's nice to just go with the flow."

Joey bit back the first response that sprang to mind. Mike was in the next room and could walk into their conversation any minute. He glanced at the clock again. Seven minutes to go.

The silence returned as Danny returned his attention to the file. Joey started fidgeting again. Why did time seem to stand still when he was in a hurry?

Mike came to stand in his office doorway. "Go home, guys. I'll see you tomorrow."

Danny stood up and took his suit jacket off the back of his chair. "Good night, Mike."

Joey hurriedly did the same. "Night, Lieutenant."

A minute later, Danny and Joey were in the elevator. Danny leaned against the back wall. "You want to get some dinner?"

Joey blocked Danny's view of the elevator's buttons with his body. He had his back to Danny so Danny couldn't see the grin that spread across his face. "I'm not hungry." He reached out to the emergency stop.

The elevator stopped with a jerk. "What's goin on, Joey?" Danny asked, suspicion creeping into his voice.

"Time to go with the flow, Danny," Joey answered and suddenly turned to face Danny. He took a quick step forward and pressed his body against Danny's. Then he kissed Danny, hard.

Danny returned the kiss with equal force. He cradled the back of Joey's head in his hand. He started kissing along Joey's jaw when Joey had to break off for air. "This really isn't the right place," he murmured against warm skin.

The danger of being caught only added to Joey's excitement. He leaned in close to Danny's ear. "I don't give a damn. I want you, Danny."

Danny growled. He slid his free hand between them to rub the fabric covering Joey's arousal. "I suppose that it would be cruel of me to make you wait."

Joey thrust into Danny's touch. He started sucking on the side of Danny's neck, just below the ear. He heard a deep, passionate moan and wasn't sure if he made the sound or Danny.

A ball of paper hit Joey in the side of the head. He blinked to find that he was still seated behind his desk. Three minutes to go.

Joey looked over at Danny, who smirked at him. Danny nodded to the wadded up piece of paper that landed on the desk in front of him after it hit. He picked it up and unfolded it. He couldn't help but smile as he read: You know, Joey, I always know when you're thinking about me. From the look on your face, you must have been having one hell of a fantasy. I hated to disturb you but I didn't want Mike to catch you. I expect you to tell me all about it later tonight. -- Danny

Joey laughed and tore the note up. "You got it, Danny."

Mike strode out of the office. "Sorry, guys. I need you two with me."

Danny was immediately all business. "What happened, Mike?"

"Suzanne Terry was just assaulted. She's at the hospital."

Without another word, Danny and Joey followed Mike. Fulfilling the fantasy was just going to have to wait; postponed but not forgotten.