Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
935
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
14
Hits:
992

Hacking

Summary:

Rating FRC
Pairing: The story is slightly Dinozzo/McGee, but only if you squint really really hard.
Well, then on with the show.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Hacking
By Bree

McGee looked around the office floor surreptitiously. Cait he knew was helping Abbey in the lab. Tony was three cubicles over flirting with Agent Steven's newest secretary, a shapely blond. Of course if asked Tony would claim that he was merely showing her how to use the newest version of Microsoft word. McGee sniffed; the problem with Tony was that he obviously believed he wasn't flirting. He sniffed again, apparently to Tony normal conversation should involve at least one member of the party drooling. Another quick look, ensured that Gibbs was out of the room. Entering his 20 digit password and decrypting the data as he did so McGee opened the folder containing his detective stories.

Scrolling down his newest addition, McGee smiled. It had taken him weeks to get over his writers block, and now he had this. It was a writer's perfect moment when everything just fell into place. I was almost zen-like. Reading his work happily McGee had to a double-take, then a third and fourth take. His last paragraph was fine;

The last drops of the thundershower had hardly ceased falling when the Pedestrian stuffed his map into his pocket, settled his pack more comfortably on his tired shoulders, and stepped out from the shelter of a large chestnut-tree into the middle of the road.

But after that everything went hinky;

The Pedestrian rubbed his abnormally large head. He had stepped right into his traveling companion, the amazingly wonderful Breathtaking Man, or Tony to his friends. Sitting on Tony's shoulders was Daring Boy, Breathtaking Man's side-kick.

"Now lets make this quick Mr. Pedestrian." Said the amazingly wonderful Breathtaking Man in his deep booming voice "Daring Boy would like ice-cream before his bed-time."

"Yeah." Echoed Daring Boy. "We can't spend all our time rescuing the world from certain destruction. The Dr Who marathon starts in half an hour."

McGee stood up. This really was too much. He would take the insults to his manhood, the constant barrage of practical jokes. These weren't so bad anymore especially since Abbey let him use her exploding candy trick on Tony, but he would not stand by idly and see his precious stories massacred. Closing down the window, McGee glared at Tony.

He stalked over to the buxom blonde's desk.

Jenny stopped mid giggle when she noticed the irate agent standing at her desk. Rearranging the papers on her desk she attempted to assert her authority. Putting on her coldest voice, she asked, "Can I help you Mr??"

McGee rolled his eyes, "I have no wish to swap unneeded pleasantries with you." He spat out "you" like it was a poisonous cherry pip.

Tony didn't even bother to turn around. He smiled. "Jenny, I don't believe you have had the good fortune to meet our charming colleague; Probationary Agent Timothy McGee."

Before Tony could finish his introductions, he was roughly swung around to face his charming colleague.

"I want to talk to you." McGee growled.

Still smiling, Tony replied, "Well talk away then. I'm all ears."

Jenny was treated to another eye-roll before McGee dragged Tony off her desk and into the nearest empty conference room.

Only once McGee was sure that the room was secure and that they wouldn't be disturbed, unless Gibbs got into his head to shoot down the door again,(1)did he start his accusations.

"You hacked into my hard-drive!!"

Tony drifted off, letting the barrage of words wash over him, he drifted back into realty when McGee kicked a chair. He jumped slightly, startled by the noise.

McGee rubbed his eyes, "You haven't been listening to a word I said, have you?" He asked wearily.

Dusting off his jacket, Tony looked at McGee "Oh contraire, how could I hack into a computer, when I couldn't `design a website let alone hack into a school's computer mainframe even with the aid of a grand hack master.' "

McGee fiddled with the buttons on his sleeve. He had attempted to forget that incident;(2)he thought that Tony had succeeding in forgetting it as well. Apparently not. The comment was well deserved; Tony was gifted at a number of things, languages, sex just to name a few. But computer programming wasn't his forte. He gritted his teeth and apologized, if it would stop Tony from playing with his stories he would walk down main street with his underpants on his head, a pencil in each nostril, all while shouting `wibble'. An apology was the easiest option.

Tony stood up and walked to the door. He smiled. "You know Probie, if you had just of said that in the first place, I never would have blackmailed Abbey into hacking your computer for me."

Laughing he ran out of the room dodging the pencils that McGee threw at him.

 

1 An incident that would not be recounted on pain of death from Special Agent Dinozzo. If gentle reader, you really wish to know provide a safe-house, an extensive supply of miscellaneous junk food and the complete series of Dr Who. Only then shall I recount the tale of despair, doom and a really dashing hero.

2 Again another incident which can not be recounted, suffice to say Agent Hobbes and Fawkes are no longer allowed to associate with
anyone from Gibb's team.

The End

My quote
The last drops of the thundershower had hardly ceased falling when the Pedestrian stuffed his map into his pocket, settled his pack morecomfortably on his tired shoulders, and stepped out from the shelter of a large chestnut-tree into the middle of the road.
- C.S. Lewis

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Bree.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.