Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
978
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
1,886

Uniform

Summary:

The man makes the uniform

Disclaimers and Beta list can be found on my author's info page.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

~*~

"He wears the uniform." The angry man spat towards Gibbs. "He should respect it, not defile it with his filth."

"So you decided to teach him a lesson." Gibbs stated calmly. "Show him that he didn't deserve to wear the uniform."

"Exactly!" The man sat back. "He had not right to defile the honor it held."

"Yet you had the right to stain it with his blood." Gibbs leaned forward. "The same blood he spilled in Iraq fighting for your freedom."

The man paused, "Their kind doesn't belong in the military."

"Their kind?" Gibbs growled. "What kind are you talking about exactly? Gay, Bigot, Black, White, Jewish, Muslim, Catholic?"

"That faggot flaunted his ways in front of children." The man growled. "They shouldn't see such filth."

"But it was okay for them to see you covered in his blood?" Gibbs leaned back in his chair, trying not to give in to the temptation and hit the guy, better yet shoot him.

"I did what was right!" He pounded his fist on the table.

"And you're going to spend the rest of your life in jail for it." Gibbs stood up. "I really hope you stick to your convictions when someone's looking at you to be their bitch."

Gibbs stormed out of the interrogation room, Tony and Kate catching up with him in the hallway. Both quietly following behind till they got back to the bullpen. Gibbs turned around towards them.

"All evidence cataloged perfectly. I want no defense attorney to drill a hole in our case." Gibbs informed the two agents.

"The evidence, warrant, and confession are clean." Kate stated easily with a short nod.

"I would be more worried about an insanity plea." McGee spoke up then sat back down quickly.

"A tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." Tony commented then shrugged, "But it doesn't stop a defense attorney to play the insanity card."

"Macbeth." Gibbs paused looking at Tony.

Tony just smiled as he moved to his desk. "When are you all going to learn? I'm full of surprises."

~*~

Tony walked down the hallway into the bedroom. He stopped at the doorway watching Gibbs don his uniform. Tony's eyes widened, Gibbs always looked sexy and handsome in his uniform. Even after being out of the Corps for as many years as he had been, he still filled out the uniform just right. Tony opened his mouth to comment when he saw Gibbs' grim expression.

"Don't let what he say bother you." Tony turned serious as he walked into the room. "That uniform is a part of who you are, but only one part."

"It's what I base my ideals on." Gibbs shifted in the mirror fixing a crease in the pants.

"The Corps was what you based your ideals on. You live by the codes and ethics they taught you." Tony stated firmly.

"The Corps doesn't accept what we have." Gibbs turned and looked at him.

Tony stepped up to Gibbs, his hand brushing over the medals and banners. "The Corps taught you the value of life, honor and liberty. They taught you to fight and die for freedom. They taught you to stand up and fight against injustice and narrow minded views, including their own."

"Doesn't stop the fact that in the Corps's eyes, what I am – who I love – disgraces this uniform." Gibbs cupped Tony's cheek.

"You are the most honorable man I've met." Tony kissed the inside of Gibbs palm. "You love with all you have, hold nothing back, and make no excuses. I'm honored that you love me. This uniform represents the man you are. The Gunny Sergeant, the man that holds the ideals of this country to heart, the man that would die to protect everyone's freedom – including the right to be a bigoted ass."

Gibbs grinned. He began to speak, but Tony stopped him with his finger touching Gibbs' lips. "I’m not finished." He smiled at Gibbs. "You wear this uniform with pride. It means you set a standard for yourself above others. Who you love doesn't disgrace this uniform. Because, Jethro, you are what makes this uniform respectable, the man under it, wearing it. It's you that wear it with pride, making others shine with pride for it. And that man loves his country, his work, his team, and for some unknown reasons me. It's that man I'm proud of, and that man wears his uniform with honor and integrity."

"Is that how you see me?" Gibbs whispered softly, stunned at Tony's speech.

"As far as my eyes can see, the man makes the uniform – the uniform doesn't make the man. In our jobs we've seen it, Jethro. How many times have we seen killers in uniform? Rapists? Blackmailers? Embezzlers?"

"I get the picture." Gibbs leaned up and kissed Tony softly, just a brush of lips. "And thank you."

"Besides you look hot in your uniform." Tony winked. "And one of these days soldier, I plan on stripping you out of it."

"I look forward to it." Gibbs took Tony's lips in a passionate kiss. Tony moaned in pleasure as Jethro deepened the kiss, sucking Tony's tongue into his own mouth. As quickly as it began it was over. "We've got to go."

"Yeah, yeah, Independence Day, picnic, fireworks blah blah." Tony panted. He looked up at a frowning Gunny Sergeant. "A good holiday that represents freedom and those that died for it." He smiled sweetly; Jethro raised an eyebrow and walked out of the bedroom.

"I'll show you the fireworks when we get back." Gibbs called out from the hallway. Tony groaned as he shifted his jeans and followed Gibbs out of the bedroom. The sooner they got to the park, the sooner they could get home. He was looking forward to coming home and stripping his Gunny out of his uniform.

 

 

 

 

 

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Bj Jones.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.