Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
578
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
24
Hits:
972

Everything that's true

Summary:

Kim leaves.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Everything That's True
By: Rachel Crawford

 

Chapter 1

Brian angrily pounded at Jocelyn's door early one Saturday morning. He kept pounding loudly until she finally she hastily opened the door and stared at him in confusion.

"What the hell is your deal? I was in a deep sleep and you come banging on my door like the damn Orlando police."

"Sorry, but I've gotta talk to you," Brian said as he pushed past her and into her house.

"What's wrong. You seem pretty pissed off," Jocelyn said as she shut the door.

"I'm more than pissed off, I'm furious," he said as he sat on the couch and sighed loudly.

"Well, are you going to tell me what's wrong, or am I gonna have to drag it out of you?"

"Kim left me," he said softly.

Jocelyn rolled her eyes and sat next to him on the couch. "Again?"

"Yes, again, but I guess this time it's for good."

She said that last time," Jocelyn said blandly.

"Well, she's serious this time. She said she's found someone else. And to make matters worse, she won't tell me who it is."

"Do you really wanna know? I mean, she's probably bluffing anyway. It's just an excuse to leave you again. Honestly, Brian, I don't know why you even mess with the bitch anyway. She's no good for you."

"But I love her," he replied.

"I know you love her, but, honey, she's always playing mind games with you. It's like she gets enjoyment out of it or something. I don't understand it myself, but she's not for you. I don't know how many times I have to tell you that."

"You don't understand, Joc, she's different when we're together, but then again she's always picking up and leaving and I never know what I do wrong."

"You probably don't even do anything wrong. I think you should just forget about her if I was you. You deserve better."

"I think I should go find her," he said, obviously not listening to Jocelyn's advice.

"Brian! Were you not listening to a fucking thing I was just saying to you? The girl is a head case! Move on!"

Brian stood up and looked down at her. "You don't know her like I do."

"I'm sure I don't. I'm sure she has me all fooled and you can see what she's really like."

"Exactly, and it hurts me that you would talk about her like that. I thought we were friends."

"Brian, we are, but I just wish you'd see what I see in her. She's playing mind games with you and it's not right."

Brian quickly walked to the door. "I don't want to hear this right now. I'm leaving."

"Brian, please don't go angry," Jocelyn said as she caught him by the sleeve of his shirt. She sighed as she looked into his bright blue eyes. "Brian, just be careful, okay? You're my friend and I don't want to see you get hurt."

"I won't get hurt. Trust me on this one."

"Well, I know I can't stop you, but you know I'm always here for you."

"I know," Brian said as she gave her a hug. "Sorry about waking you up the way I did."

"Don't worry about it. Go do what you have to do. Call me later though."

"I will. See you later, Joc."

"Bye, Brian," she said then shut the door behind him.

 

END PART 1

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Rachael Crawford.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.