Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
720
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,573

Drabble: Old Friends Dead Ends

Summary:

small scene based on ep "Old Friends Dead Ends"

Work Text:

Joey cruised in the police boat up the river for any sign of where Marilyn Stewart's body went into the water. It was too dark to see much and he had no luck. When he got back to shore, her body had been taken away and forensics was still going over the area.

Mike was gone and Joey had nothing to report so Joey headed to Danny's apartment. He parked around the corner and went through the building's side door. He climbed the stairs to the second floor and found Danny unlocking his door.

Joey hurried to follow Danny inside and flipped on the light. "Hi."

Danny turned and smiled. "Hi." He shut the door behind Joey and locked it because they both knew that Joey was staying the night. He started for the kitchen. "Want a beer?"

Joey trailed along behind Danny. "Sure."

The light from the front room provided enough illumination for the small kitchen. Danny felt Joey close to him and smiled again. He opened the refrigerator and reached in for two bottles.

Joey moved directly behind Danny so Danny pressed against him when he straightened up. Joey hugged Danny and rested his chin on Danny's shoulder. "Any more luck tracking down Holman?"

Danny kicked the refrigerator door shut and handed one of the bottles back to Joey. "I've got a few leads but I'm not sure how they'll pan out. What about Marilyn Stewart? Any evidence to connect her death to Luca?"

Joey sighed and stepped away. He opened a drawer for the bottle opener and popped the top off his beer. "Too bad it's just not enough to know Luca did it. It's gonna be hard to prove it. She was shot three times in the head and dumped in the water. That's all we have right now."

Danny opened his own bottle and led the way back into the living room. "Any idea where she went in?"

Joey took a drink and flopped on the couch. "With that current, it could have been anywhere."

Danny turned on the radio to soft jazz and sat next to Joey. "We just have to keep working. We're bound to catch a break."

"I hope so. The Lieutenant had Walter bring Kehoe to the scene to identify her body there."

Danny took a long swig and set his bottle on the coffee table. "If anything can wake Kehoe up to what Luca really is, this should be it."

Joey frowned and set his bottle next to Danny's. "I don't see how Kehoe could do business with Luca in the first place. He must have heard the Lieutenant talk about him."

Danny put his head back and shut his eyes. "People believe what suits them until it comes back to bite them in the ass."

The bare expanse of Danny's throat was too tempting a target to ignore. Joey leaned closer and kissed his way along the side of Danny's jaw, down to Danny's neck. He undid the top two buttons of Danny's shirt and slid his fingers inside to thread through Danny's chest hair.

Danny reveled in the attention. His own hand massaged Joey's inner thigh, without touching Joey's most sensitive spot. He hissed when Joey nipped him.

"Another love bite from your phantom girlfriend," Joey whispered in Danny's ear.

Danny turned his head to take Joey's lips in a passionate kiss. "What was her name again?" he murmured.

Joey blinked, the heat from being so near Danny making it difficult to think straight. "Um...Charlotte. No, wait, that was mine. Your last one was Debbie."

Danny traced Joey's lips with his tongue. "So, any marks we leave on each other are their fault."

Joey shuddered at Danny's tone of voice. He straddled Danny's lap and rubbed his still-covered backside against Danny's confined erection. "Danny," he groaned.

Danny grabbed Joey's ass and gave it a hard squeeze. "Get your ass to the bedroom now," he growled.

"That's one of the best ideas I've heard all night." Joey rubbed against Danny for a moment longer and stood up. He offered a hand to Danny and Danny took it.