Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
809
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
1,102

911

Summary:

None

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

911?
by Jesse

 

Catherine Willows sat staring out of the window in her lounge area, she sniffled as she wiped her bruised, tear stained face. She heard a knock at the door and turned startled realizing she had forgotten that her work mates were coming over to work on a case.

"Just a second!" She yelled as she limped into her room to try and cover what her husband had just done to her. She sighed as she washed her face gently trying to avoid the bruises, applied a small bit of makeup and put on her jeans, then went to answer the door. She opened it to reveal her friends Sara, Warrick, Nick and Gil.

"Catherine?..you ok?" Sara asked when she saw her friends pretty face.

"I am fine, sorry to keep you all waiting?.come in" She replied trying to hide her face. They all walked in and watched their friend limp over to her couch. "Take a seat, you guys want a drink?"

"Coffee would be great" Warrick replied as the others nodded. Catherine hobbled into her kitchen to make it. Gil turned to the others and they all looked at each other until he decided that he needed to talk to Catherine.

"Cath!" He said quietly as he walked into the kitchen. She turned to face him and then went back to making the coffee. "Catherine we need to get you to a doctor"

"I am fine Gil" She said.

"Bull you are not fine."

"Leave it alone Gil, this is none of your business!"

"Where the hell is Eddie? He beat you and run again, that piece of crap. You have to leave him." Gil was getting worked up. "I have seen what he has done to you? the bruises, the cuts, the burns?. All covered by lame excuses?."

"Shut up, Gil just shut up. You have no idea about me or my life, how dare you come in here and tell me how to live, you know nothing." She yelled back.

"Nothing, Ha! He is scum Catherine?.how can you do this to your daughter."

"Don't you dare bring Lyndsay into this?.."

"You think she enjoys seeing a drunk beat up her mother"

"He isn't a drunk he is her father."

Sara, Warrick and Nick walked in seeing Catherine in tears yelling at Gil and Gil yelling back.

"Guys everything ok?" Sara asked cautiously.

Catherine looked at her and ran out slamming the front door.

"Grissom?" Sara said quietly.

"I'll go." Gil walked with purpose out the door Catherine had just slammed, leaving the rest of the gang standing in silence.

Gil ran down the front stairs and yelled for Catherine. "Catherine!" he could see her figure at the corner of the street.

"Go away Gil" she yelled back as she started to run. Gil watched her form as it disappeared around the corner, he stopped and returned to her apartment.

"Where is she?" Warrick enquired.

"She ran off" Gil replied as he walked into her room and shut the door. Nick, Sara and Warrick all thought it best to leave and grabbed their stuff.

Sara pulled into her parking spot when she noticed someone sitting on the steps, as she got out of the car she realised it was Catherine. She went to her and noticed she was still crying.

"Cath, hey?" She knelt down in front of her.

"I am so sorry, I didn't have anywhere else to go." She said as she tried to calm herself.

"Hey?.no? Catherine I am glad you came it's no trouble at all, are you ok?"

"I am so embarrassed" She said as she started crying again. Sara put her arm around her and Cath fell into her and cried until she was exhausted.

"Cath, lets get you inside your worn out. You can take a shower and you can have my bed." Sara went to help her up and she shrieked as she put weight on her foot. "God Cath what is it?" she asked worried.

"My ankle is just a bit sore that's all, I will live." They hobbled inside and Sara called Gil when she heard Cath turn the shower on.

"Grissom it's Sara?. Catherine's here. She is ok, she is just taking a shower." She hung up and went to make some tea.

A bit later Catherine emerged in a pair of Sara's oversized PJ's.

"How are you feeling?" Sara asked.

"I didn't think anything of it and I am sure it is really fine, but my ribs and ankle are killing me." She said as she eased herself down on to the couch.

"Here let me take a look." Sara relied as she went to Catherine and pulled up her shirt. "Jesus Cath your back is purple, what the hell did he do to you?"??????.

 

end part 1

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Jessie.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.