Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
992
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,503

Dangerous Game

Summary:

Sequel to "Beautiful and Harsh"

Work Text:

Bruce did it. He'd successfully completed his training. The whole ordeal had been brutal but satisfying. He knew who he was, what he needed to do, and his fear would no longer stop him.

Bruce was not the disillusioned, broken man that Henri found in prison. For the first time since his parent's death, he truly felt whole. He owed so much to Henri for showing him the path away from self-destruction.

Bruce didn't know the exact moment when Henri came to mean more to him than teacher and mentor. At first, he was afraid of his nightly fantasies and frightened of their intensity. Then he started to revel in them after he revealed his longings to Henri and Henri didn't reject him out of hand but insisted that he finish his training first.

Now, Bruce was finally going to get what he'd been dreaming about. Knowing Henri, the reality would be even better than the fantasy. He got a rush of arousal just thinking about it.

Bruce barely got through the celebratory dinner with the rest of the brotherhood. He tried not to stare at Henri across the dining hall and only partially succeeded. How was he supposed to resist when Henri did everything in a masterful way that turned his insides to jelly?

Never in his life had Bruce felt this way about anyone. He thought he knew what love was with Rachel but she seemed more like a sister to him than a potential lover. He wasn't sure if it was love he felt for Henri, lust, or both, but he was certainly eager to find out.

Henri nodded to Bruce and left the hall. Bruce watched him the whole way. He quickly glanced at Ra's Al Ghul and received a waved hand in dismissal.

Bruce hurried to his feet and barely stopped himself from running out. He had some dignity to maintain. He found Henri on what he'd begun to think of as their balcony.

Henri appeared completely calm and serene, a direct contrast to Bruce's obvious excitement. He turned to Bruce and perched on the railing. "Congratulations, Bruce. You are one of us."

Bruce perched next to Henri close enough so that their shoulders touched. "I'm honored."

"As you should be," Henri said mildly.

Bruce leaned in to whisper in Henri's ear. "Thank you for your help."

Henri dismissed that with a grunt. He didn't react when Bruce blew on his neck. He was still, with his hands at his sides.

Bruce lightly rubbed Henri's leg. "You said that once I finished my training, you would be open to other things."

"Your dangerous game," Henri rumbled.

Henri's tone sent another jolt through Bruce. Bruce's fingers slid to Henri's inner thigh to feel Henri's definite interest. "The greater the danger, the great the potential reward."

Henri stood and stared down at Bruce. "I thought that your infatuation would pass."

Bruce met Henri's intense gaze with one of his own. "Nope."

Henri's gaze raked up and down Bruce's body, which was quivering with suppressed energy and arousal. "Yes, I can see that."

Bruce jumped to his feet and stood extremely close without touching. "Do I still tempt you?"

Henri took Bruce's hand and brought it to his lips to kiss Bruce's knuckles. "You have no idea how much."

Bruce traced Henri's lips and goatee with his fingertips. "Don't make me wait anymore."

Henri's eyes flashed. "Then come."

Bruce eagerly followed Henri to Henri's private chambers. He'd never been there before. He didn't have time to look around before Henri grabbed him and kissed him, hard.

Bruce returned the kiss with equal enthusiasm. He ran his hands down Henri's back, feeling firm muscle beneath the black cloth. He felt the heat radiating from Henri along his entire body and it only served to stoke the flames within him.

Henri's talented tongue made its way along Bruce's jaw while his hands started stripping the younger man. He caressed flushed perfect skin. He backed Bruce to his small bed, not breaking any contact..

Bruce willingly put himself into Henri's skilled hands. It was a habit that had not let him down yet. Before he realized it, he was naked and lying flat on his back.

Bruce spread his body out in open invitation. He licked his lips as Henri began to strip for him. He was just about to see Henri's bare chest when he woke with a jerk.

Bruce sat upright and looked around wildly until he recognized his surroundings. He was on his private plane, traveling back home. He'd been dreaming of Henri again.

"Are you all right, Master Bruce?" Alfred asked quietly from his seat at the other end of the plane. He had an open book across his knee.

Bruce took a deep breath and wiped the sweat off his forehead. "Fine."

Alfred noted Bruce's condition but had the grace not to say anything. He book marked his place and set his book to the side. Then he stood. "I need to go have a word with the pilot."

Bruce silently thanked Alfred for the privacy to pull himself together. He rubbed his eyes, wishing that things could've worked out the way they did in his dream. Instead, he was forced to kill Ra's Al Ghul and burn the monastery to the ground. He left an unconscious Henri in the care of the villagers at the base of the mountain. "I just hope he doesn't wake up and hate me for it."