Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
271
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
15
Hits:
1,116

Eye-Opener

Summary:

Simon sees a different side of Blair. Humor.

Work Text:

Eye-Opener
by Ami

 

"Ellison! Sandburg! In my--" Simon paused in his command, staring at his former police-observer-turned-cop. "Sandburg? What the hell..." He grimaced in distaste at the sight of the rookie cop.

Sandburg grinned at Simon's moue of disgust, his furred face twitching. "That stakeout is tonight, Simon. Y'know, the one where I have to play a homeless guy? I decided to play the part to the hilt -- I haven't shaved in five days, and I haven't showered in four." He grinned proudly at his realistic-looking -- and smelling -- disguise.

"And you smell like it too," Simon said, wrinkling his nose. "I don't know how Jim's been able to stand it."

"All part of realism, sir," he returned, smiling cheekily. "And I believe he turned his smell dial down to almost zero the past couple of days," he said of his partner, grabbing his coffee cup and swigging down the rest of the lukewarm brew. "Braaaaaaaaaaap!" he belched. "Sorry. I need to get downstairs, Jim's waiting for me." He stood up and exited through the bullpen doors, his dirty
and torn clothes, grungy hair and duct-taped shoes making him look even more like a transient.

Simon shook his head as he watched his departing detective. "And the traffic cops insult him for being 'feminine'? What kind of women do they date?" He shook his head again and went back into his office to wait for a call from the Commissioner. It was best not to try to understand the Sandburg Zone any more than he had to.

 

end