Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
456
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
815

Crossroads

Summary:

A chat that Rimmer and Lister have before Rimmer leaves to become Ace and the consequences of said chat on their lives.(Bad summary I know.)

Work Text:

After going through the field of Ace's Rimmer retreated to his bunk and sat there, head in hands thinking to himself when Lister entered, giving a small smile.

"Hey," Lister muttered as he sat down on a bunk just across from Rimmer. "So, you going to leave in the morning?"

Rimmer looked at him with a slight glare on his face looking very Rimmerlike regardless of his Ace wig. "Glad to get rid of me eh? That was the whole plan. Let's dump Rimmer into the shoes of that barmy git Ace Rimmer and watch him galavanting out away from us, hopefully to die when trying to protect some stupid damsel in distress." He looked back to the floor.

"Oh ay!" Lister mummered. "No, that's not why I asked. Just wanted to know if you were ready to really be Ace, Ace."

Rimmer snorted. "So Skipper, I'm Ace then. Where are the kipper's that I've been asking for then? Can't leave without my kippers. Oh, shall you come with me instead, I'm sure my computer would just love you so it can stop drooling over me. It's a pity Arnie died, because I'm sure he wanted to tell you something before he was killed. Nice eulogy you had for him there, I didn't know his real name was Smeghead."

Lister looked at him increduously. "I never thought I'd hear the voice of Ace Rimmer say such things in such a sarcastic and insulting way. Come on Rimmer. You know you are glad that you're leaving. I mean, at least you can just pretend that something bad's happening to me, like I've died and whatnot. Isn't that what you always wanted? You're always asking what's going to happen to me. At least you can get away from me and shag all the smegging women that you want."

Rimmer looked at him oddly, shaking his head. "I don't care about the women Listy, or I would have been long gone by now. And I don't care to see you get hurt no matter how I act at times. Now, I believe I have to get acquaintanced to my ship, and I'll see you in the morning with the rest of the crew. Good night Skip." he added as he left in his Ace voice.

Lister sat there in the bunk, wondering what the hell Rimmer was talking about.
"Don't care for women eh?" he muttered. "Well, then, who does he care about. And why should I care now?" Lister shook his head, deciding instead to get some sleep, he'd need it in the morning.