Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,001
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
2,445

Beautiful and Harsh

Summary:

From Batman Begins -- Bruce Wayne/Henri Ducard

Work Text:

For the first time in a very long while, Bruce Wayne didn't feel like the conflicting emotions of anger and guilt battering his very soul would engulf him. He had not found peace but a centeredness. He'd learned to control his fear and his anger. From thenceforth, he would control them, not them him.

Bruce finally thought he had a purpose. Eventually, he would return home. Gotham was worth saving. He just knew it. As long as there were good people back there like Alfred and Rachel, it was at least worth trying.

Bruce stood on the balcony, staring out at the snowy, mountainous landscape. Nature in that part of the world was beautiful and yet harsh. He felt the now familiar presence come to stand beside him; another being that was beautiful and yet could be harsh, a superb leader and motivator who knew when he needed his ass kicked. He looked at that rugged face with shining blue eyes. "Henri."

Henri Ducard nodded and gave a small smile. "Bruce."

Bruce found himself staring at Henri's mouth. He quickly looked away and felt the burning in his cheeks. He was not supposed to be fixated with Henri's lips or the way Henri's voice commanded his attention without any effort or the scandalous thoughts that came to him in the dead of night about where he'd like Henri's strong hands roaming over his person. Rachel was back in Gotham and she was still important to him. If he fantasized about anyone, it should've been her, not this stranger who walked into his life and saved him from himself.

"What are you thinking about?" Henri asked quietly.

//About how much I'd like to jump your bones right now.// Bruce sighed. "Everything."

Henri clasped his hands behind his back. "That's a big topic," he noted.

"Everything that brought me here and what I want to do in the future," Bruce clarified. It wasn't a lie but not the whole truth either.

"It is good to have a plan for the future but always remember that our plans seldom work the way we expect. Keep your main focus on the here and now. You still have much to learn."

And Bruce couldn't have asked for a better teacher. "I know."

Henri rested a hand on Bruce's shoulder. "Come inside."

Heat spread from Bruce's arm through the rest of his body. It was almost as if Henri's touch branded him and he longed for so much more. He grabbed Henri's hand to keep it in place.

Henri looked surprised but not the least bit thrown off by this new turn of developments. He squeezed Bruce's shoulder. "You are venturing into dangerous territory."

Bruce's throat went dry at Henri's low, commanding tone. He felt the growing, aching need between his legs. He didn't give a damn anymore that he wasn't supposed to be feeling this way. He held Henri's gaze while bringing Henri's palm to his lips. "You are forever drumming it into me that I have to have the courage to act."

Henri avidly watched Bruce suck on one of his fingers. "To do what is necessary."

Bruce stepped closer to feel the heat emanating from Henri along the length of his body. He pressed Henri's hand against his chest, over his hammering heart. "This is necessary."

With his free hand, Henri reached out to lightly caress the side of Bruce's face. "You do tempt me."

Bruce leaned into the touch. He closed his eyes for a brief, bliss-filled moment. "Then give in."

Henri pulled away and took a step back. He frowned. "I can't, no matter how much I might want to."

"Why?"

"Because I'm still your teacher and I will not jeopardize your training in any way. You need to focus on that without any added distractions."

Bruce closed the distance between them again. Now that he knew Henri was interested, he wasn't going to be deterred easily. "Don't you realize how much of a distraction it is for me just to be near you? Do you know how many times I've wanted to jump you while we were sparring? I think this sexual frustration will cause me more harm than if we actually did something about it."

Henri laughed. He cupped the back of Bruce's neck and leaned in. "You do make an interesting point," he whispered against Bruce's lips.

Bruce ran a hand through Henri's hair and pulled Henri the remaining short distance for a kiss. Henri's tongue traced his lips and he eagerly opened for Henri's tongue. Henri's taste, sound, and scent briefly filled his senses before being cruelly taken away.

Henri kissed Bruce's forehead and then gently, but firmly, pushed Bruce back. "No more. Not until your training has ended."

"But--" Bruce tried to protest.

Henri shook his head. "Don't make me have to defend my honor." He half turned away. "If you wish to return to this topic after your training is complete, I would be most happy to do so."

Bruce wasn't happy but he could understand Henri's reasons. At least Henri had given him some hope. "Do you promise?"

Henri smiled and turned to go back inside. "Yes, I promise."

Bruce watched Henri disappear before a huge grin spread over his face. He shifted his gaze back to the landscape, thoughts firmly on Henri: Beautiful. Sometimes harsh. And a passion he wanted to lose himself in. Henri was definitely worth waiting for.