Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
606
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
1,035

Greg's best gift

Summary:

Pairing: Nick/Greg
Rating: FRC
Archive: list archives are fine anyone else just ask me.
Summery: Greg's reaction and feelings after Grave Danger.
Disclaimer: Me no own. Me make no money. Please no sue
Warning: None really
Notes: Post `Grave Digger'. Gotta thank my test readers Ej and Julie who read everything I write and point out my mistakes. I love you guys.

Work Text:

Greg's best gift
by Paradise4writin

`Oh god Nicky! Oh baby what happened to you? You shouldn't be in that box. You should be here with me. Oh god I think I am going to be sick'.

Greg couldn't look at the screen anymore. He felt the meal he had just eaten rise up in his throat. He ran blindly to the bathroom and got there just in time before he emptied his stomach.

When he was done being sick, he curled into a ball and cried. His husband was buried and all he could do was watch on a computer screen.

##############

Greg couldn't get to the hospital fast enough. He wanted to ride with Nick in the ambulance, but he didn't want to draw attention to them. No one that they worked with knew that Nick and Greg were together. It wasn't that they were ashamed about the relationship. They knew that it was possible for both of them to loose their job.

Greg pulled into the hospital and ran out of the car. Greg couldn't remember if he turned the car off or if he closed the door. They could take the car for all he cared. His Nick was in there, and that was the first thing on his mind.

When he arrived at the emergency room waiting room, the rest of the CSI staff was there. Greg swallowed hard. He knew now he would have to answer questions. He and Nick had their medical releases changed when they had their commitment ceremony in case something happened. He would have to sign all of Nick's papers.

One of the nurses called for a Greg Sanders. Greg made his was towards the nurse, trying to ignore the questioning glances from his co-workers. He followed the nurse to the nurse's station so he could fill out the papers for Nick. The nurse told him that he would be able to see Nick as soon as the doctor was finished.

Greg made his way back to his co-workers. He decided to tell them the truth.

"Nick and I have been seeing each other for about 2 years. A year ago we had a commitment ceremony and had our medical release papers changed in case something should happen to one of us. We didn't tell you guys because we didn't want to loose our jobs. It wasn't that we didn't love and trust you guys."

The nurse came up to Greg and told him that he could see Nick now and asked him to follow her. Greg followed the nurse to a room and let him go in first. The sight almost broke Greg's heart. His love was lying on a hospital bed, covered in bites. He sat down next to Nick and instantly took his hand.

Nick's eyes slowly opened to see his love sitting next to him. He smiled and squeezed Greg's hand. Greg jumped in surprise and looked down at Nick.

"Hey baby. Your awake."

"Yeah. I'm glad you're here."

"Where else would I be?"

"I don't know. I'm sorry this is such a crappy anniversary."

"Anniversary?"

"Yeah hon. Check your watch. Today is our anniversary."

Greg check his watch and saw that it was indeed their one year anniversary.

"So it is, but I got the best gift of all."

"What's that?"

Greg leaned in and gave Nick a kiss.

"I got you back. And that's the best gift I can get."

*The End*