Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,038
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
849

The Portal 2: Pop Rocks

Summary:

Summary: Xander and Scott have pop rocks.
Sequel to "Never Been Artificially Created in a Lab." This was *supposed* to be happy and fluffy. Things did not go the way I had hoped. Oh, well.
pairing: Xander/Scott Evil
Spoilers: Uh, actually, none for this one other than "NBACiaL" and a little one for _Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery_.
Disclaimer: Of *course* they belong to someone else. If they were mine, things would be different. Specifically, the Sunnydale Gang belongs to Mutant Enemy, Fox, WB (even though they *really* don't deserve these guys after what they did to us in May), and anyone else I forgot. Oh, and Scott Evil belongs to, um, Jay Roach, Mike Myers, and the production companies of Eric's Boy, Team Todd, and Moving Pictures (and distributed by New Line, in case that matters). I don't own anything except a strong desire to throttle people who don't seem to know that you need to leave a phone number if you want someone to call you back. My kats own me.
Rating: Um, FRT, I think.
Distribution: Please ask.
Feedback: Yes, please. I use it as a way to figure out if an idea is worth continuing. And I've had a *really* nightmarish couple of days at work, so nice words are especially welcome right now.
Note: I have pop rocks (and more of them keep showing up in my inbox at work for some reason). The slogans on the packet gave me ideas. Again, do not try to figure out why I get these ideas. And, yeah, I know there are lots of things unexplained, like where Scott lives. Oh, well. They would be explained if I filled in the gaps with another piece between "NBACiaL" and this one. I just needed to get this idea out of my head before it exploded. And I forgot to say this the first time around (my friends are probably extremely sick of hearing me say this by now since I've been saying it ever since I saw the first movie, so I'm trying to find new groups of people to annoy with this declaration): The next _Austin Powers_ movie should be _Scott Evil: Everyone Else Sucks_.
Dedicated to Niccy because she sent feedback and asked for a sequel.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

The Portal 2: Pop Rocks
by meagan

The snack run was a success. The grocery sacks were dumped on Scott's couch. Bags of chips, assorted candy bars, bottles of beverages -- and packets of pop rocks. "Just *looking* at this stuff makes me want to get stoned just so I can have the munchies. Hey, didn't Mikey from that cereal ad die from mixing Pepsi and pop rocks?"

"Nah. Just an urban legend." Xander paused. "Hey, so you had pop rocks and Life cereal in your, um, dimension?"

"Yeah." Now Scott paused, considering the differences between his former and current worlds. "It's weird. Almost everything is the same. I mean, I don't even have to stop and remind myself that I'm not in that world. Except my dad and his nemesis don't exist here. And that's cool since they were gone most of my life anyway. And you guys have vampires and werewolves and stuff, but maybe they were back there but I just didn't know about them." He sighed. "Sometimes I miss Frau Farbissina because she always looked out for me, but it's like I gave up one person that didn't make me feel horrible for, uh, five. I think. I'm not up to doing the math right now. Anyway, not a bad deal." Now he carefully turned his head away from Xander, just as carefully watching the taller teen out of the corner of his eye. "Especially since you're on this world."

The reaction he saw was both instant and gratifying. "Really?" Xander beamed. Then he quickly attempted to cover the smile. "I mean, it's good that you like it here." He fidgeted, wiping his hands on his pants legs. A nervous gesture. "Well, you're set for the weekend, so I'll just be on my way."

"Xander, we need to talk." Scott had never been fond of hinting and skating around the issue to be discussed, and this time was no exception.

The brunette froze, hand on doorknob. His whole body wilted. "I knew this was coming."

"Knew *what* was coming?"

"The discussion where you tell me that it's been really nice of me to show you around town, but now that you're settled in, you're going to start hanging out with other people more your speed." He shrugged. "Hey, no big shock. I'm just surprised you waited this long to say something." Finally, he raised his head to face Scott.

And saw an expression of utter confusion. "What the hell are you talking about? Are you always this self-defeating with everything? It's too lonely around here by myself. I need a roommate." He turned his attention to the floor. For the first time since they met, Scott actually seemed shy and unsure. "And I was hoping it would be you."

Xander's hand fell off the doorknob. He had clearly heard incorrectly. "What did you say? It sounded like you asked me to move in here with you."

"I did." Scott turned his attention to the floor. "This is probably just too much too soon. I'm sorry."

"No, it's not that. Hey, what other time of our lives will we get away with being impulsive and stupid?" He mentally kicked himself when Scott's shoulders slumped even more. "I mean, yeah, it's sudden, but we're at an age where that's allowed. Expected, even." He moved back away from the door into the living room. "So, should I start making myself at home now?"

"No." The answer surprised both of them. "I want to make sure you know what you're getting into." He stopped, replaying his words in his head. "Did *I* just say that?"

Softly, Xander asked, "So what am I getting myself into?"

Scott sighed again. "I'm not really sure. I keep telling you these things in my head, and every time I say them, you turn and walk out that door, and I never see you again."

"Oh, come on. Now you're sounding like me. That's not allowed." He sat down on the couch and began to pick through the assortment of junk food on the couch.

"And what is?"

Xander seemed to ignore him, instead picking up a black pouch with green and blue lettering. "Pop rocks?" He tore open the packet, pouring a good amount into his mouth.

The shorter teen rolled his eyes in frustration, perching on the arm of the couch. "You're avoiding the question. Again."

"Am I?" Xander tilted the packet again, this time emptying the packet. "Pop rocks?" He frowned at the empty pouch. Around a crackling mouthful of candy, Scott could just make out the words, "Oops. All gone. But I could be convinced that sharing is a good thing."

"Xan --" Scott began to protest. Then Xander's words began to sink in. Empty packet of pop rocks. Mouth full of pop rocks. Offer to share pop rocks. Only one thing to do. With a grin, he replied, "Nah, it wouldn't mix well with that Big Gulp."

"That's not what --" His lips were quickly halted by Scott's. Just as suddenly, the two teens separated. Xander grinned. "Okay, now that *was* what I meant."

"Are you sure?" The voice was hopeful. More hopeful than either one had expected. "I mean it, Xander. This is what I want. If it's not what you want, well, I guess I don't have much choice." When a response was obviously not immediately forthcoming, he lifted his hand to weave his fingers through Xander's hair. "It's the reason I stayed. *You* are the reason I stayed."

Xander pulled away from Scott's hands. Once again, he turned his attention to the pile of junk food next to him. "Oh, look. Strawberry pop rocks. Nice slogan. 'Entertainment for your whole mouth!'"

Scott attempted to frown. He was unsuccessful. "Is this your incredibly unsubtle way of getting me to kiss you again?"

Xander grinned. "And if it is?"

Instead of immediately responding, Scott stood and began clearing the other end of the couch. "If it is, then we need to do this the proper way." Task complete, he sat down on the now-vacant end of the couch and kicked off his shoes. "I should warn you, though."

Uh-oh. This did not sound good. "What?"

"I play trumpet."

~~~ the end ~~~

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Meagan.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.