Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
593
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
7
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
929

Sara Be Damned

Summary:

Pairing: Gil/Greg
Rating: FRT
Archive: list archives are fine anyone else just ask me.
Summery: Gil visits Greg in the hospital.
Disclaimer: Me no own. Me make no money. Please no sue
Warning: Some mild swearing
Note: Post `Playing with Fire'. Greg's POV

Work Text:

Sara Be Damned
by Paradise4writin

I haven't seen him since the explosion three days ago. I didn't want him to see me. I truly didn't. I knew the moment he saw me with my burns and my scars he would turn and run. I mean, who would want me anyway? I'm the lab nerd, the CSI wanna be. I've always been insecure with my relationship with Gil. Who wouldn't be? The man can go from treating you like a child at work to treating you like a king at home.

I shift in my hospital bed, trying not to aggravate the cuts and bruises on my back. I remember what Sara told me when she visited me. She told me that it was only a matter of time before Gil left me. And she was going to be there to take my place. Damn Sara. I had always known she was bitter about my relationship with Gil. Maybe she was right. They would be a better match.

I hear my door open. I expected it to be Catherine. She has been here everyday since she told me what caused the accident. She will be beating herself up, but it will be with no help from me. It wasn't her fault. Shit happens and I still love her to death.

I freeze when I see Gil standing in the doorway. Part of me wants to just kiss him senseless because I love him so much. The other part of me want to just throw himself out and just cry. I'm so sure he will leave me now.

Gil sits in the chair next to me and takes my hand. I bite my lips so I won't cry.

"I heard Sara was here to visit you."

I swallowed. This was it. This is when he leaves me for Sara.

"I overheard her telling Warrick about it. Needless to say, she doesn't have many friends back at the lab right now."

"She's right though. You and Sara would be a better match. I mean, who would want the lab rat Csi wanna be. You and Sara have so much more in common than you and I do. She'd be better for your career than I would be. Besides, who would want me now with my scars and burns. I..."

"Stop it. I will not listen to you badmouth yourself anymore. You're the one I love. You're the one I choose to be with. Sara has no idea what she is talking about. I can't get better than you."

I didn't realize that I had tears falling down my cheeks until Gil started wiping the away. He leaned in and gave me a gentle kiss. I thought my heart would burst through my chest.

After the kiss Gil reached into a bag I didn't notice until now and handed me a package wrapped in shiny silver paper.

"I thought you would need something to occupy yourself while you are here."

I opened the gift and saw an I-pod. I told Gil I wanted one when they first came out, but I didn't think he would actually get me one.

"Gil...."

"I didn't know what songs you would like on it, so I had Warrick and Nick help me. Do you like it?"

I smiled at him and pulled him into a kiss.

Sara be damned. This was my man.

*The end*