Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
516
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
5
Hits:
988

Carry On

Summary:

YAOI AND ANGST ALERT! DO NOT READ IF THIS OFFENDS!
AUTHOR'S NOTE: Still stuck on what to write for Learning to Live part 2, so I thought I'd slam out a song fic. Carry On is off the Sailor Moon Sound Track. (Don't laugh too hard, there are some fun songs on it!) Ne-way I changed 2 phrases to make it fit the story better. The Correct line are My Crescent Wand the Only Light/ &/ Evil Queen We Will Defeat.
DISCLAIMER: I own nothing, and I'm so broke I'll never see daylight. Enjoy the fic.

Work Text:

Carry On
By Hope of Watch Tower J

Here I'm standing in the night

Seen opens and we see Ken standing, in full bird style, alone in a darkened room.

My Phoenix Power, The Only Light

An eerie reddish light radiates faintly out from his chest.

Alone against my darkest fear

Lights snap on and Ken finds himself surrounded by hundreds of Galactor troops.

But I sense my friends are near

Joe and Ryu ease into the room and crouch in the shadows. Ken sees them out of the corner of his eye and suppresses a grin.

I'll draw from each the power I need

From the reflection off the blade a Black-bird is caring, Ken can see Jun and Jinpei in the rafters.

Evil that we will defeat

At an unseen signal, the team moves as one. The Galactor forces are crushed and the team vanishes like smoke in the wind.

Give me the strength to carry on

Seen changes to a new mission, a new threat. The Eagle is badly Injured. The Condor all but carries him from a burning base.

With all our love we can't go wrong

After the death of Red Impulse, Ken is shattered. Joe sits with him throughout the night and holds him as he cries. Pan out to see the grave marker of his dead father in an empty field.

Only together we face the fight

Days later the Eagle and the Condor face off against a Galactor Mech alone as the rest of the team faces death in a hidden Galactor base.

Nothing can stand against our might

The Eagle and the Condor double team the Mech in their vehicles.

Give me the strength to carry on

The end of the second wave of the war, the Eagle holds the Condor, as his cybernetics begin to fail him, after the final battle against Soshe X.

With all our love we can't go wrong

Ken and Joe join in a passionate embrace. Deeply kissing as if trying to devour each other.

Only together we face the fight

The Eagle and the Condor stand before the assembled court. They face charges of fraternization, abuse of authority, and insubordination.

Nothing can stand against our might

Both grin widely as the charges are thrown out due to extenuating circumstances.

With all our strength the battles won

The God Phoenix flies against Soshe Z. Joe fires the final salvo of missals on board and prepares for death, knowing that he loves the Eagle and is loved in return.

With all our love we can't go wrong

Flashback: gentle nights of the two of them in a loving embrace after shared passion.

We have the strength to carry on...

A grave stone out side of Yutoland City: A brown gloved hand places a dark red rose at its base, then moves to caress the engraved name.

Pan out to see Ken rising from his knees in front of sevral grave markers in an otherwise empty field, and walks slowly to the waiting form of the Condor. They walk away together.

FADE OUT

-30-