Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,163
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,210

Sucker Play 2: Sucker Punch

Summary:

sequel to Sucker Play
submission dated 6-16-05
Archive? You'd better.
Warnings: None...this one's mild for a change.
Pairings: again, none...Batman/Ivy/Catwoman implied.
In our last installment, Poison Ivy came to the conclusion that Bruce Wayne and Batman are one in the same. Catwoman invaded her privacy at Robinson Park to talk.

Work Text:

Sucker Play 2: Sucker Punch
by Firecracker

(Italic copy bordered by_underscore_)

 

Ivy approached Catwoman with amusement. "We have nothing to discuss."

Selina folded her arms. "On the contrary."

"Be specific. I'm a busy woman."

Selina shrugged, looking around. "Busy doing what? Watching grass grow?"

"Get to the point. I'm not interested in trading childish barbs."

The Cat smiled coolly. "You're right. Although we've had a few successful buisness adventures, there's one thing we won't share."

Ivy was nonplussed.

"I'm talking about the Bat."

"Ah."

"Leave him alone, Ivy. Stop hatching ridiculous schemes to draw him out."

Ivy snorted, sitting on a branch across from Catwoman. She kicked a pebble.

"I've done nothing, Selina. Not that it's any of your buisness."

"I'd appreciate it if you didn't use my name out in the open."

"Who cares? There's no one here besides us."

"Too many people know my identity."

"That seems to be a common problem in Gotham." Ivy grinned smugly. "Besides, I like it when 'girl talk' gets personal."

"More personal than you know. I overheard part of your rant."

"My plans are my own."

"No they aren't. Not if they involve seducing Batman by force."

A shrug. "You give me too much credit."

The Cat cracked her whip. "Don't play with me!"

"Get out of my face, woman. You've spent a great deal of time trying to keep the Bat yourself. When you aren't dating homicidal maniacs, that is."

"Look who's talking!"

Ivy threw her hands up carelessly. "Well, we all have issues, hmm? I admit to having a few obsessions...one in particular."

"We're at cross purposes. But I won't let you harm him, Ivy."

"You won't let?!" Ivy laughed. "I've seen you operate, Selina. Teasing and taunting, never delivering the goods. Men grow bored with that eventually. The sex kitten bit gets corny, too."

Now the Cat was smug. "He's never been bored with me. In fact, he can't seem to get enough!"

Ivy curled a lip. "So you say. You're nothing but fuck buddies, so give it a rest."

Selina snarled. "At least I do more than kiss and tell!"

Ivy nearly stood at that. "You're asking for a noose, kitty. Batman needs a real woman, not some imitation hooker with an inferiority complex."

The Cat was a blur, closing the space between them and punching Ivy.

"Stay down." she growled. "You don't know me."

Ivy glanced up and rubbed her jaw, livid. "You caught me by surprise. It won't happen again."

"Watch what you say."

"You don't own the Bat."

"I have my own plans, green bean."

Ivy stood slowly, her expression cold. "Oh, yes. The one where he walks you down the aisle? Hell will freeze over first."

"You're the one he avoids like the plague."

"He can never avoid me. I'm in his blood. You can't possibly understand."

The Cat paced, agitated. "I understand you can only hold a man with chemistry."

Ivy laughed wildly. "You're such a tool. Physical attraction, sex, it's _all_ about chemistry! You see handsome men every day. Are you interested in sleeping with them all?!"

Selina glared, eyes like ice. "What's your point?"

"The expression 'chemistry' isn't just a coincidence, you know. That special something that turns everyone on."

"You're a regular feel good bitch."

"Interesting statement coming from you."

Selina smirked. "So we're two of a kind in that department. But I never tried to kill him...at least not intentionally."

"My love forgives him anything."

"You're a psycho, Ivy. All that intelligence put to waste."

Ivy leaned back in a pose, grinning. "Maybe I'll let him reform me."

"Get over yourself, lady. He never wanted you the way he wants me."

"Hmm. Whatever. The next time he visits my garden I'll ask him."

"What? He never..."

"A gentleman never kisses and tells. But I might."

"Witch!"

"Again, the pot calling the kettle black."

Selina pointed in accusation. "Stop lying, Ivy. The toxins in your skin don't even allow intimacy!"

Ivy looked at her nails. "You're sadly misinformed."

"No I'm not."

"Afraid so. I fully control my abilities now. My toxins only do what I wish them to do. Any dosage, any effect. I should open a factory, what do you think?" more sick laughter.

"Do you think I'm so easy to bait?"

"When a man itches for me, he _really_ itches!!"

"Idiot." Selina thought for a minute.

Ivy watched her. "I'm still waiting for the part where you stop me."

"Mess with the Bat in any way and I will."

Ivy sighed, shrugging. "So far all you've done is bore me."

"He never wanted you, Ivy. You always forced the issue. No man wants to be a puppet."

"He's perfect, not a puppet. I only induce him a bit when he resists me."

"Be prepared for disappointment, then. All your pheromones don't have him here."

"Those tight purple outfits haven't gotten you a wedding gown, either."

Selina turned to go. "I've said my piece."

"Thank god." Ivy waved her off. "I'm so terrified."

"I meant what I said, Ivy. I don't issue idle threats."

"I guess our buisness partnership is dissolved then. A pity."

"Pity you if you harm him."

"I didn't see your name tatooed on his ass, Selina. All's fair."

"You don't play fair. That's the problem."

"No." Ivy grew serious. "The problem is you can't handle competition."

Selina preened a bit. "Competition from you? Please!"

"Looks won't hold the Bat. I hear he has them lined up...a different woman every night. Must be hard on his stamina..."

Pale green eyes went wide. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"Oh, I let that slip? I meant his 'other' self...things get so confusing in Gotham!"

"You know." Selina paled.

"Ah, you thought that a private thing between yourself and Bru-excuse me, the Bat? Afraid not, honey."

Selina paused, thinking. "He dosen't reveal himself. You forced him!"

"No, he told me. Although not in so many words. And he is such...a man of action." green lips licked.

Snarling, the Cat stalked off. "Remember my warning."

Ivy smiled, stretching to the sky. "I'm in _such_ a good mood. Maybe I'll call him to my garden again. He always comes so quickly!" a snicker.

The Catwoman ignored her innuendo. She slinked into the shadows and was gone. Ivy laughed at her retreating figure.

"Some people are so ridiculous...anyone with a decent figure could look good in her silly outfit. But I never needed cheap props."

Humming to herself, Ivy slipped into the wood, content in her plans.

 

THE END