Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2005-06-08
Words:
40,312
Chapters:
15/15
Kudos:
26
Hits:
3,517

Power of Three: Covenant

Summary:

Series: The Power of Three (C/D/A threesome)
This is the first in a new Power of Three series, "Covenant." The author of this chapter is K4man123@aol.com.
As with all the Power of Three stories, new authors are welcomed to join our merry band of threesome shippers and write chapters. In our world, for Angel, Cordelia and Doyle, love is stronger than death.
The rest of the series is archived at http://www.slashaholics.org/thepowerof3/ and includes some material which is not suitable for the very young. You have been warned.
Rating: FRT
Disclaimer: hey, I just paid off my toothbrush, I don't own any of these Fan fiction based on the WB television series Angel. All characters are the property of Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy and/or 20th Century Fox.
Notes: I got the idea from the early episodes of Angel, where both he and Doyle wore Claddagh rings on their left hands.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Part 1

Chapter Text

Power of Three: Covenant
by Chiaro (the author name for this progressive round robin series)

Mental communication among Angel, Doyle, and Cordelia is indicated by slashes //like this.//

 

It's hard to hide something from your lover. It's even harder when your lover can read your mind.

 

"Come on, Princess, I thought we were going to Nordstrom's?" Doyle's voice kept interrupting Cordelia's thoughts, intentionally. He loved the slender brunette, but between a Heloik demon and shopping with Cordy, he'd rather face the demon. He was deliberately distracting his ladylove while their third partner had vanished.

 

Cordy was more curious than she would admit; Angel and Doyle were both shielding a part of their minds from her. They couldn't hide everything from her. She didn't sense any apprehension or guilt, so she let them play their little reindeer games.

 

//You're plotting something, aren't you?//

 

Doyle looked at his lover, his face the picture of innocence.
//Cordy darlin', don't you trust us?//

 

//Against the dark forces of hell yes, when you just spent the last three hours looking at high heels, no.//

 

Doyle chuckled, sending an image of her wearing three-inch heels and nothing else. //I was shopping for myself too.//

 

Cordy looked around the crowded mall, her flesh tingling. //Doyle, not here.//

 

He sent another image, both of them in a changing booth. His mouth was covering hers in an effort to stifle her cries.
//I mean it, Doyle, knock it off.//

 

Doyle tried one more image. Cordelia on Angel's bed, wearing only the heels. Kneeling at the foot of the bed, he gently lifted her shoe. Kissing the exposed toes, he gently brushed his lips against her instep up to her ankle. Their eyes locked, he slowly moved up her leg.

 

Cordelia slowly let out her breath. //Fine, let's go home.//

 

```````````````````````````````

 

Descending into Angel's apartment, Doyle piled her shopping bags on the floor. //Angel's not going to be happy about his credit card.//

Cordy turned to face him, a seductive smile on her lips. //Considering the damage to my clothes recently, you two have no right to comment. Plus, I don't think he'll mind when he sees what I bought.//

 

The Irishman recognized the truth in the statement. Her wardrobe had become a continual flaunting of her power over them.

 

The other morning she had silently told her lovers that she hadn't worn anything underneath her skirt and blouse. Doyle literally fell off the couch and Angel dropped his mug of coffee. The rest of the day Wesley couldn't understand why neither man could concentrate on the matters at hand. Angel had barely waited till the Englishman had left for the night before he dragged her into his office. Doyle had locked the front door and quickly followed.

 

Sitting in an armchair, he beckoned Cordy into his lap. //Remind me again who's the evil one?//

 

Chuckling, his lover bent to kiss him.

 

Sitting upright, her face became serious. //Whatever you're plotting, I'm glad. He's been all broody boy since he got that call from Sunnydale last week. Finally he's coming out of his lair.//

 

Doyle sighed. As usual, when it came to sentiment and romance, she cut to the bottom line.

 

He also felt a bit of jealousy, and a lot of hurt. Angel would never stop loving Buffy, but Doyle didn't want to be the pot calling the kettle black. He had issues of his own with a blonde ethnodemonologist who still tugged at his heart.
Cordelia was looking at the Claddagh ring on his left hand. He had lost the original one that night on the ship. Overjoyed with his return, Harry had bought this one as a "glad-you're-back-from-the-dead" gift.

 

As Doyle followed her gaze to the ring, Cordelia slipped one hand behind his back in the chair, and softly rubbed his shoulder.

 

Glancing down at his own hand, Doyle smiled absently. He and Harry had spent a weekend in a B&B up at the Big Sur. While antiquing, he had spied two rings. On the spot, he had recited the meaning of the rings and proposed in the store.

 

//It's all right to still love her.// Looking up, he noticed Cordelia's averted face. //She's an important part of you, just as Buffy is a big part of Angel. I don't mind, really.//

 

Cupping her cheeks in his hands, Doyle turned her head toward him.

 

//Well, I don't mind that much,// she amended.

 

The half demon pulled her against his chest, hugging her tightly. //You've no reason to be jealous. Link or no link, we both adore you.//

 

The sound of the elevator broke the silence. //We both love you.// Angel completed Doyle's next thought.

 

Smiling, Angel surveyed the scene in front of him. Their eyes were shining at the sight of him. Even twenty feet away, he could hear Cordy's breath quicken and feel Doyle's bodily response.

 

Crossing the room, Cordelia hugged the vampire tightly. //It's so good to see you smile again.//

 

The tall vampire looked at the mortal girl tenderly. //All it takes is the sight of you two together. It's almost enough to make my heart beat.//

 

Dropping a quick kiss on her forehead, he deposited her into his partner's lap again.

 

Sensing the excitement in their eyes, Cordy kept glancing between both men.

 

//Ok, NOW can you tell me what you're up to? Whatever it is, it better involve a car or jewelry.//

 

Grinning widely, Angel reached into the pocket of his leather coat. //What else would you give Queen C?// He withdrew a small, velvet box.

 

Cordy's breath caught. //Oh no, I wasn't serious. Angel, what have you done?//

 

Looking at his left hand, she noticed a flash on his finger and gasped. His Claddagh ring. He hadn't worn it since Buffy's last visit and his decision to forsake a mortal existence with her.

 

//God, Angel. You're not moping over her *that* much are you?//
In her mind's eye, she brushed his cheek with her hand. //Angel, don't do this to yourself. She's moved on and so have you. Don't hang onto that ring, she's destroyed hers.//

 

Angel stiffened at her admonishment. Despite her chattering, she could be disarmingly perceptive. He dropped to one knee in front of his partners. Solemnly, he held her gaze.

 

//I love Buffy, and I always will. But you're right, I've moved on. This ring will always remind me of Buffy just as Doyle will remember Harry but they're in the past. Our future is here in this room. With you.//

 

Opening the jewelry case, Angel held a small golden Claddagh ring in front of her.

 

//In Claddagh Ireland, near my home of Galway, this ring has come to symbolize that love and friendship shall reign. We're giving you this ring as a symbol of our commitment and as mark to the world that we belong to each other. Cordelia, do you accept this ring, this expression of our devotion to you?//

 

"Yes, oh God, yes." Cordelia's voice was broken but both men heard the loud cry from her soul.

 

Aware of the tears falling down both their faces, Angel removed the ring from its velvet setting. Reading his unspoken thought, Doyle held out her left hand. Slowly, Angel placed the ring on her finger, the heart facing towards her hand.

 

Angel continued. //From this night, we'll wear these identical rings as a sign of our covenant, our promise. We are joined in heart, soul and mind. A spell may have brought us together, but not even death will separate us.//

 

Unable to stand anymore, Doyle placed a kiss on her cheek. Not to be outdone, Angel placed a kiss on her other cheek.

 

Cordelia breathed deeply, trying to rein in her tears and the emotions singing through her entire body.

 

//This is beautiful, but it's all wrong. There are only two hands holding the heart, there should be three.//

 

Doyle laughed. //It's perfect, darling. There's a hand for both Angel and I. You're the heart in the middle. Who else would have a crown but our Queen?//

 

tbc