Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2005-06-25
Words:
16,465
Chapters:
9/9
Kudos:
17
Hits:
4,527

The Giganta Offensive

Summary:

Formed from clay, Princess Diana of Themyscira was gifted with special powers. She is strong. She is invincible. SHE IS WONDER WOMAN.
NOTE: Wonder Woman and related characters are tm and © DC Comics. No infringement of copyright is intended. Wonder Woman created by William Moulton Marston.
Classification : gen
Rating: FRC FRT ˜ Fan Rated Suitable For Teenagers

Chapter 1: Chapter 1: Shape

Chapter Text

The Giganta Offensive 1: Shape
by Broken Promise Productions

Today began as any other day would begin. Diana woke up from a wonderful night's sleep and immediately went to her closet to find something to wear. She always thought this was one of the hardest things to manage in Man's World, simply because there were so many choices. On Themyscira, she would have a choice of which toga or tunic to wear (a very limited choice by comparison); she now knows why many people here have such a hard time figuring out what to wear. Eventually, she went for a pantsuit, simply because she liked how it fit on her and there was really no pressing business to do today. No speeches in Wonder Woman garb, no Justice League meetings, and no pressing emergencies such as Ares waging war on mankind again. She did remember to put on her bracelets and take the Lasso of Truth, just in case anything pops up.

There were two lectures she had to give today at the universityâ€"one about Amazon culture and one on Greek history. Each one went off flawlessly, of course, but she did hesitate a little when it came to Greek history; it's times like this she wished her mother gave these types of lectures because she actually lived in these times. All Diana knew were stories handed down from her sisters, which she in turn relayed to the students. Given there were about three thousand years between ancient Greece and now, there was a little room in the Amazon stories for the fudging of history, but Diana had an implicit trust in her sisters. They wouldn't tell her outright lies about their shared heritage. After the lectures, it was getting to be about lunchtime. She called Helena Sandsmark on a pay phone and together, and they hammered out a lunch time.

"Helena, this has been such a relaxing day for me. I don't think I've had it easier," Diana began.

"Don't tell me that! The museum has just received five new exhibits that little old me has to put up. Is there any way you could lend a hand because they have to be up before the end of the day and I don't think--"

"Say no more. I'll be happy to help you," Diana said, always smiling.

They finished lunch and went to the museum. There were indeed five new exhibits: one from Greece, one from Egypt, another from China, the fourth from Africa, and the last one was from the United States (it was a Native American exhibit). There was an indeed lot to do, but Diana didn't mind. After all, she was helping a friend of Julia Kapatelis, who in turn became an equally good friend of Diana's. The exhibits went up just before the end of the day at the museum, which was good because they were scheduled to open tomorrow.

"I can't believe I scheduled all five of these to arrive at the same time. Diana, am I being too forgetful?"

"We can all be that way sometimes. Even Athena isn't all knowing."

"But I thought she was the goddess of wisdom."

"She is, but wisdom is far different from knowledge."

"Doesn't that make you nervous that the Gods don't know everything," Helena asked.

"Not really. They as well as I learn to work with what we have just as my sisters do. It also helps that we can't accept defeat," Diana replied with a chuckle.

"So what's your day like tomorrow?"

"I have a speech at the United Nations. Full garb, no holds barred."

"I don't envy you one bit. Has it been easier for you?"

"I find that people have accepted me more since I've been in Patriarch's World for a while. When I first got here, there was a severe amount of mistrust but it has faded away in a lot of places. It doesn't mean my mission is over. Not by a long shot."

The next day, she dressed in her full Wonder Woman outfit, and every time she wondered why her sisters wore so much more on the battlefield than she does in her costume. It always made her hesitant and she wondered if this was an ironic twist of fate. She took off and flew at her maximum speed, which is Mach Three, to New York and the United Nations Building.

There, she gave a speech on women's rights around the world and urged the body to recognize Themyscira as a sovereign nation. Even today, some representatives cannot seem to fathom that such a land of women exists. During the speech, though, she felt like something was terribly wrong and such a thing didn't settle well with her. Nevertheless, she did finish the speech to a standing ovation and silently wondered if Themyscira would finally be recognized.

She left the building and began the long trip back to Gateway City. Along the way, she stopped at a small town in the Midwestern United States to get something to eat. She always liked these types of restaurants and would actually go out of the way to find one. It reminded her of home in some very strange way. She ate a small meal and paid for it, leaving a ten-dollar tip to the waitress, because she was extremely nice to Diana. Diana came out of the restaurant and still felt like something strange was going on; she felt the Lasso of Truth move a little, which is strange considering it was an inanimate object. It then came to life, springing from her and changed its shape. It twisted and contorted until a lizard like person stood before her, holding the true Lasso of Truth in his hands. Diana was shocked and was fully prepared for battle.

"Don't be afraid," the creature began. "My name is Shape. I am a representative of the Giganta Star Alliance. We will not harm you."

"Why are you here," Diana asked in more of a barked order tone. "How long have you been here?!"

"We've been here for a period of one of your years. There are a total of twenty-three of us that are revealing ourselves to your world as we speak. We were monitoring you to see what the civilization level of your planet is. We have found that your civilization is worthy of joining the Giganta Star Alliance."

"And that is?"

"It is a peaceful collective of thirty-five worlds and two hundred Giganta Units. Giganta Unit thirty-two has been given the task of talking to your world's leaders and answering any of the questions or fears they may have. We hope your planet will join the Alliance."

"What if they don't or rather what if some of the planet doesn't want to join?"

"It is their right to refuse to join the Alliance. For each world that has joined us at least five refused to join. We respect their wishes." With that, the alien returned the golden lasso and made a parting remark.

"Prepare for the coming of Giganta."

"I promise you I will," Diana replied. With her comment, the alien disappeared in a whir of teleporter activity.

Diana returned to Gateway City and immediately turned on the news. Reports of the Giganta Shapeshifters were of course the top story, and many people were called in to give their opinion of this. Most were supportive, but there were a few skeptics, many of them saying this is a huge trap. As the reports were streaming in, Diana wondered about this Alliance. Is it truly peaceful and with peaceful intentions? How does she know that this Alliance will keep its word? Most importantly, what will her sisters think about this entire thing?

end part 1