Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
546
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
1,235

Gone

Summary:

Fandom: DC Universe
Rating/Classification: FRC
Parings: Clark/Bruce
Disclaimer: I don't own any right to it. I am just borrowing. Plot is mine though I don't see any excitement in that.^_^ Summary: A Grandfather’s thoughts after a crime. Jonathan’s POV
Warnings: This is a slash storyline. Meaning male/male relationships. If not your cup of tea then leave and find a strong brew of Java.
Betas: None is needed. I think. Well if you want to...
Authors Notes: I woke up hearing this in my head and so I put it down on paper. I actually went over a few times but stuck to it and stayed under. I not ever sure where this goes in my "Days Like These" universe, where Clark/Bruce raised young Richard. All opinions are welcome. Really. I ? Bruce & Clark. 533 Words.
Archived: At Scotchsour Nights Livejournal. Peja, if you like it you can add to your site.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Gone
by Sam Emme

Earlier the cops came back with the equipment and dirty shoes. Martha made all of them leave them outside and really I don't know how.

It is a mansion, Clark calls it a manor, I call it empty. How does four people fill such a big place like this and call it home.

When everyone's here, I guess you do.

The police finished a while ago and my son, my only son is wandering around the room in a semi permanent state of a daze until his head functions again. Alfred, poor Alfred is beside himself and can't stay on the this floor so is downstairs cooking with my wife who is trying to help the boys without falling apart herself and Bruce is, well is acting like... like nothing.

That is not true is. He has shut down or has stopped like if he does something to feel again I think that will kill him.

Because he's gone.

Part of his family is missing, the important part for all of us and he has priorities to do first before hunting down the people who would dare defy Bruce Wayne, who had the audacity to do this to the most powerful man in this city.

Who was unglued, crazy, psychotic enough to go against the Batman.

Sad thing is there are too many.

Sadder is that even after the regular and costumed villains you need to count the ones after Superman.

How do you cope when the creature, substance, machine, person or the thing that give them purpose is the thing that can hurt them beyond words, Bruce and Clark have to deal with this as parents just ordinary parents who lost a part of their family and let the authorities do their job.

Superman and Batman however need not wait only a few seconds after. Wait until the police setup the phone lines, setup guards indiscreetly around the home, wait for the ransom and other things that police do.

They do have another family of a sort who has started looking and I hope that one of them figures it out because...

God help those men if either my sons find the kidnappers who were delusional and suicidal enough to think they will make out richer by such an act. I still don't know Bruce well enough but the look of nothing I see hiding in the man who makes up Batman.

I don't need the reason of why people fear him.

But my son, Clark who we raised since a little one I know quite well and even though we still have issues on his family I think I understand him better.

If Clark was taken from us and I found the men who did this I would get the shotgun that I have locked up and shot them until dead because Clark is my son.

You don't mess with a man's son.

Clark is more human than Bruce at times but I never forgot that he isn't human and he doesn't need a gun. He can stop a train with his hands, his bare hands.

I think if Bruce isn't there then God save them if Clark gets there first.

Because you don't mess with a man's son.

end

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Sam Emme.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.