Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2005-08-19
Words:
3,626
Chapters:
4/4
Kudos:
41
Hits:
3,075

Shopping list

Summary:

Disclaimer: The characters from the show aren't mine, they belong to others. No copyright infringement intended. Any characters you don't recognise are mine.
Feedback would be nice, positive feedback would be nicer. Enjoy!
Category: NCIS/Judging Amy crossover.
Slash (implied in this part),
hurt/comfort, angst.
Rating: FRT/13 at most
Characters: Gibbs/DiNozzo/OMC
Series: Perhaps
Spoilers: None intended – not canon
Summary: If you want to hide, don't do it in the Gibbs neighborhood.
Archive: Just tell me where it's going
Additional `stuff': A challenge from the NCIS group – Gibbs and Tony have a child. I couldn't quite manage that but still… Set in my Moving Day universe so assume co-habitation.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Part 1

Chapter Text

Disclaimer: The characters from the show aren't mine, they belong to others. No copyright infringement intended. Any characters you don't recognise are mine. Feedback would be nice, positive feedback would be nicer. Enjoy!
Category: NCIS/Judging Amy crossover. Slash (implied in this part),
hurt/comfort, angst.
Rating: FRT/13 at most
Characters: Gibbs/DiNozzo/OMC
Series: Perhaps
Spoilers: None intended - not canon
Summary: If you want to hide, don't do it in the Gibbs neighborhood.
Archive: Just tell me where it's going
Additional `stuff': A challenge from the NCIS group - Gibbs and Tony have a child. I couldn't quite manage that but still... Set in my Moving Day universe so assume co-habitation.

 

Title: Shopping list - One

The local supermarket, early evening...

Tony frowned. `Gibbs...remember last week...that kid in the bread aisle. He's there again.'

Distractedly checking their shopping list, Gibbs looked up briefly. `So he's buying bread Tony.'

`He's buying a really small loaf...he's got no idea. That won't keep his family in sandwiches for a day.' Tony watched.

`What cheese do you like?'

`Unless someone's got an allergy maybe...' Tony mused in a near whisper.

`Cheese Tony!' Gibbs responded in nothing like a whisper.

 

***********************************

Three days later...

`He's buying bread again.' Tony hissed as he watched the kid further along the aisle.

`Tony! We need fabric softener.' Gibbs snapped, pointing. `Go. Now. Forget bread boy.'

Tony shrugged and went in search of that softener he remembered from his first night at Gibbs' house.

********************************

Four days after that...

`Hey.'

The boy looked up warily. Sell-by date, use-by date, best-before date... how the Hell was anyone supposed to know if the food was okay to buy?

`You sure buy a lot of bread. Got a big family?' Tony asked lightly.

`I...gotta go.' Leaving his shopping basket behind, the boy almost ran from the store.

Finding Gibbs again, Tony found himself with a long list of items to hunt down. `What, are we having a dinner party?'

Gibbs nodded. `Yes. Kate's birthday is Friday.'

Tony grinned and rushed off, list in hand. Gibbs had promised to cook for all of them on Kate's birthday if Tony managed to keep the bathroom *and* the kitchen tidy for a whole week. He had begun by demanding a month of tidiness, but relented when he realized just how unrealistic a goal that was.

Returning after a few minutes, Tony dropped everything from his arms into the basket Gibbs held. `I scared the kid.'

`How?' Gibbs demanded, concerned.

`I asked him if he had a big family.'

`Yeah, that'd frighten me.' Gibbs consulted the list.

`I think he's hiding something.'

`Let it go Tony!' Gibbs snapped.

Shrugging, Tony looked down the aisle facing them. Suddenly, his eyes lit up. `Ice cream!'

Gibbs sighed, walking in the opposite direction, exchanging his basket for a trolley.

******************************

`I saw that kid. From the supermarket. He lives down our street.' Tony said, nodding to his left as they unpacked the groceries.

Gibbs had been surprised at just how much more food they were getting through since Tony moved in. And not just food. They seemed to be shopping every day and he was to be found most evenings sitting at the kitchen table making yet another shopping list, half-listening to Tony as the younger man stacked the dishwasher, relating some tale about the day, or his previous jobs.

`Well a kid is definitely not on my shopping list.' Gibbs said with a hint of amusement.

`Ah come on Gibbs...we can't just leave him.'

`No, that's Childrens' Services are for Tony.'

Tony shook his head firmly. `No.'

Gibbs opened his mouth to argue then saw Tony's expression. //What now...//

`I...um...know someone in DCFS.'

`In DC?' Gibbs asked. He knew a little of Tony's past, but apparently not enough.

`Connecticut.'

Gibbs sighed. `Call them. Today.' He got up. `I'll talk to the kid.'

 

Continued in Part Two...