Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
215
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
1,096

Reflections

Summary:

A young boy with merry dancing eyes, gazes into the mirror. In his innocence sees only his reflection

Work Text:

Reflections
by Wilj

A young boy with merry dancing eyes, gazes into the mirror. In his innocence sees only his reflection. A toothpaste-y, foamy grin full of mischief.

His world is still yet full of possibilities.

Dark eyes gaze into a mirror. In the arrogance of youth, dark, velvet brown eyes sees only a black and white portrait of the world.

His conscience is clear...Good triumphs Evil.

Slightly older now, old, tired eyes in a youthful face, regards the reflection in the mirror; grey beginning to creep around the edges of his fragmented vision.

Sometimes, Evil wins.

A man now, burden by pain and sacrifices, he watches the familiar stranger in the mirror. Seeing the boy, the youth and the man he's become, overlaid one another.

Invisible scars and physical manifestations of his years of struggle were a roadmap covering his soul. Choices he's made, decisions he's regretted; all leaving a permanent mark on him.

His lover watches him from the shadows, before enveloping his mortal lover in a cool embrace. Leading the young man back to bed, the vampire soon finds his own dark reflection in his boy's beautiful eyes, growing drowsy with pleasure.

...And sometimes you found a balance.

end