Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
723
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
988

Legand of Lyann Reynolds

Summary:

On his yearly trip to Shadow to visit his daughter on her birthday, Mal discovers his daughter may need him now more then ever.


~Please Read and Review~


Disclaimers: The Characters that appear “Firefly� are property of Joss Whedon, Tim Minear and Mutant Enemy. No Copyright infringement is intended in the writing of this fan fiction


Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Serenity landed early one morning on Shadow which was also Mal's home planet. Once a year he comes for his daughter birthday. Fourteen years ago he had fallen in love with his child sweet heart Elizabeth Myers.

Weeks after spending one night together Elizabeth found out she was pregnant and when her mother Sabrina Myers found out she forbid Mal from ever seeing Elizabeth so he planned to leave Shadow.

Elizabeth wanted him to be a part of there child's life and he told her he would be and promised to visit once a year on there child's birthday and that he did except for during the wars with the Alliance, after the wars ended he found a way to make it up to his daughter

"Sabrina" Mal said seeing his daughter's grandmother walking towards him and the rest of the crew. "You don't look happy to see me"

"I'm never happy to see you...you ruined my daughter and all I have left of her is memories" Sabrina said.

"What happened to her daughter" Simon asked Zoe.

"She died a five years ago of a heart condition" Zoe responded.

"Where is Lyann" Mal asked.

"In Jail and I have a good mind to leave her there to...I wash my hands of that child" Sabrina said.

"What happened?" Mal said.

"She hacked into the school computer and changed some grades and stole some test answers, she's been nothing but trouble since Elizabeth's death, she steals, she sneaks out late at night and hangs with a gang of hoodlums" Sabrina said.

Sabrina was a tall grey haired woman about 5'7", she wore a long black dress and always carried a bible with her. Her home was a two story estate out in the countryside.

"Can I see her?" Mal said.

"You may...her trial starts tomorrow if the judge convicts her she will sent to an Alliance Juvenile detention center" Sabrina said "I'll take you to her"

"Want me to go with you" Zoe asked.

"Sure" Mal said leaving with Sabrina.

"She's innocent" River said, but Mal and Zoe didn't hear her.

"What did you say?" Kaylee asked River.


Lyann sat alone in the village jail, it was dark and cold and she was scared, there were other prisoners in other jails some were singing, drawing, or reading. The doors to the cells opened and two guards walk up to her cell.

Lyann was about 5'4", brown hair and brown eyes; she was wearing a blue prison outfit and brown combat books. The two guards were almost 6'0 tall and wore dark blue uniforms.

"Lyann Reynolds your father and a friend are here to see you" one of the guards said.

Lyann didn't smile when they took her to the visiting rooms. Mal and Zoe waited and watched as the two guards brought Lyann in.

"Dad" Lyann said running in to Mal's arms. "Don't let them take me away please" she continued in tears.

"I want to know what happened" Mal asked in a calm voice, he had the urge to yell at her but he couldn't do it.

"I was set up" Lyann said.

"Who set you up?" Zoe asked.

"My so called friends...I did go with them to the school but I was outside and they must have gone in and did the job and didn't tell me they were leaving. While I waited for them someone hit me from behind and the next day I woke up with a disk that contained the test answers and a not very happy cop looking down at me"

"Let me see the back of your head" Zoe said and started looking at the back of Lyann's head and saw a huge bump on the back. "She's right someone did hit her"

"Didn't you tell the feds that" Mal said.

"I tried but they didn't want to listen to a thief, I admit I've stolen small things but I would never do anything this stupid...Honest, you believe me don't you" Lyann said.

"I believe you" Mal said smiling.

"How do we convince the feds of this?" Zoe said.

"I have an idea, I don't want to discuss it here" Mal said "Let's go back to Serenity"

"Don't leave me" Lyann said.

"We won't" Zoe said giving her a hug "I promise"


TBC.....

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author AngelGrrl.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.