Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
358
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
5
Hits:
1,372

Detoured

Summary:

Pairing: Danny Messer/Don Flack
Rating: FRT
Spoilers: On the Job
Warnings: none
Archive: Wherever if you tell me.
Disclaimer: Totally not mine, but I can dream

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Detoured
by angelh2o

Don opened the door and looked into the dark apartment and took a deep breath. "Danny?" He made his way into the living room and spotted the other man on the couch.

"I didn't do anything wrong," he said quietly.

Don pulled off his jacket and dropped on the couch next to him. "I know that. You did what you had to."

Danny looked at him. He'd pulled off his glasses at some point and Don could look straight into his eyes. "Why is it nobody else thinks that?"

"Babe," Don pulled the smaller man into his arms. He wished he could say different, but he'd heard what some of the other cops were saying. Right now all the comfort he could offer was what he was doing. He took a deep breath. " I know it doesn't help now, but this will all blow over."

Danny pulled out of his arms and started pacing. "Right, but I'll still always be that guy that shot another cop."

"You didn't shoot him," Don told him. "You didn't kill him. We proved that."

"It doesn't matter the implication is enough," Danny shook his head. "It's just...I just want someone that's on my side. That believes in me."

Don stood up and got in Danny's way. He waited for Danny to look at him. "I'm on your side. I believe in you."

Danny sighed deflating slightly. "Well you're bias," mouth turning up on one side.

"Bias?" Don gave him a smile. "I'll have you know I'm trained and paid to be impartial. Why should I go against all of that?"

Danny finally smiled. "Because you like me just a little?"

"Like?" Don slowly put his arms around the other man. "Nah. Definitely not like."

"Nah?"

"I'm leaning much more toward love," Don nodded. "Yeah definitely love."

Danny nodded back. "Good thing. Lean that way myself."

"Good," Don gave into the kiss Danny started. He knew the conversation wasn't over, but he was happy to have detoured it at
least for a few minutes. As the kiss deepened he hoped it would be more like a few hours.

end

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author angelh2o.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.