Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2005-04-18
Words:
7,369
Chapters:
8/8
Kudos:
15
Hits:
4,070

The Halo Effect

Summary:

There are no mistakes, only choices.

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text

Title: The Halo Effect
seaQuest General Fiction
Rating: FRT
Spoilers: Through Weapons of War
Disclaimers: I don't own seaQuest and I'm not making any money. This story is purely for entertainment.
Summary: There are no mistakes, only choices.
Warnings: Blood, ELF. OOC? Maybe.
Archiving: Just ask first.
Notes: Okay, I've messed with this story enough. Time to turn it loose.

Flames will be ignored.

Enjoy the story.

~*~*~*~*~
If I traded it all
If I gave it all away for one thing
Just for one thing
If I sorted it out
If I knew all about this one thing
Wouldn't that be something?

-Finger Eleven, One Thing

~*~*~*~*~
Lucas Wolenczak returned from shore leave missing his black UEO jacket and the last two fingers on his left hand.

His shuttle docked with the seaQuest shortly after midnight. When Lucas stepped through the launch bay doors onto the seawater-slick deck there was only one crewman on duty, posted behind the launch console. The crewman looked up from his work and saw it was Lucas. He gave the Ensign a tired but friendly smile.

Lucas smoothed his hair back from his forehead. It felt greasy. There was sweat on his palms. He wiped his right hand on his pant leg and tucked his left hand into his pocket to hide the bandage. His duffel bag was slung over his shoulder. He clutched the strap hard to stop his right hand from shaking and hoped that he looked more tired than nervous.

Lucas turned and walked towards the corridor as quickly as he dared. He was almost out of the launch bay before the crewman called out, "Ensign Wolenczak!" Lucas froze in the doorway and turned his head just enough to show that he was listening.

"The Captain wants to see you. He said to report to his quarters as soon as you've stowed your gear."
"Thanks," Lucas said, then added, as he remembered the crewman's name, "Dave." Lucas forced his lips into a small smile.

As the door shut behind him Lucas could hear Dave Tuttle opening a communication channel. "He's on his way, Captain."

This was how Lucas Wolenzcak began his last day aboard seaQuest.

~*~*~*~*~