Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
785
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,178

Fred & George Celebrate

Summary:

Rating: General Audience
Pairing: H/D
Disclaimer: All HP characters belong to JK Rowling.
Warnings: None
Summary: April '05 Hex Files Challenge. The Twins pull a prank and Draco gets caught in the crossfire.
Author's Note: 735 word Drabble

Work Text:

Fred & George Celebrate
by Fae Moon

 

Fred and George leaned back against the front counter of their shop, Weasley's Wizard Wheezes. George sighed in contentment. "Well," he began.

His twin picked up, "...it has been a great day..."

"...for the company. We've made..."

"...a terrific profit, had a grand..."

"cake for our birthday, and have everything..."

"... we could possibly want."

The twins grinned widely at each other as they said in unison, "Now, let's bring joy to the rest of our family!"

"So," questioned George. "Who needs our expert help? Ronnikins?"

Fred shook his head negatively. "Nah. He's besotted with Hermione. He just hasn't realized it yet. They'll work it out without our help."

"Ginny, then? Our little sister doesn't have a main squeeze."

Thinking about the pros and cons, Fred eventually shook his head. "Nope. Although I think we can give that good-looking Zabini kid a push in the right direction."

"He's Slytherin," his twin reminded him.

"I know. Ron would shit. But, what other house has strong enough personalities to stand up to our fiery Gin? Not to mention intelligent. I for one don't want to see her shackled to a boring Ravenclaw book jockey!"

George nodded in agreement. "Besides, it's just Gin's sixth year. We can work on her all next year if we have to."

"Right-o!" Fred said cheerily. "So, who does that leave, bro?"

"Why our darling adopted brother... "

"...Harry Potter!"

"Our spies tell us that he hasn't hooked up with anyone. No luscious bird has caught his fancy. Although he spends an inordinate amount of time outside the Quidditch locker rooms."

"Oho!" interjected Fred. "Our baby bro lusts after the strong and studley type. We can accommodate."

George shifted his weight to this other foot, cocking his hip out jauntily. Pitching his voice two octaves higher, he responded, "Yeah, no girly-man for our hero." Fred snickered. Dropping his voice down to normal, he continued, "How about that cute Terry Boot? He helped Harry hex Malfoy and his thugs. We know they are friendly, at least."

Fred looked at his twin with pride. "Good on you. He will be perfect! Now, let's see how we can get them together..." The twins bent their heads towards one another and spent the rest of the evening plotting.

The next morning at breakfast, Ron waved a missive at Harry. "Fred and George are coming to visit tonight, and they have a surprise for you. Meet them in the Head Boy's room at curfew."

Harry shrugged lightly. "Ok."

Later that night, the twins were lounging against the wall outside Gryffindor tower. A very annoyed Terry Boot came storming up to them.

"Hey," said George. "What're you doing here, and where's the six-pack of butterbeer we gave you?"

"That prat Malfoy!" he fussed as he waved a piece of parchment wildly. "He said that because it was curfew the butterbeer was `contraband' and he confiscated it! And he gave me detention! I'm going back to my common room." Boot nodded goodnight and left.

Fred looked at his watch. "Five... four... three... two... one!" The twins looked at each other and burst out laughing. "A Slytherin in the Lion's den. This should be good." They ran for the Head Boy's room.

Harry looked up in anticipation at the soft pop of a portkey. There, looking bewildered, was Draco Malfoy, clutching a six-pack of butterbeer to his chest like a shield.

"Malfoy!" Harry exclaimed. "The twins told me they had a surprise for me, but I didn't expect you. I am surprised."

"Potter!" Draco spat. "What are you blithering about? Why am I here?"

"George set up a date for me tonight. Someone who wants me. He said that my date would be bringing butterbeer. There's the beer," Harry pointed to the six-pack, "and here you are," he finished, pointing at Draco.

"You're crazy, Potter. I don't want you," the Slytherin denied.

"Circumstances say otherwise, Malfoy," replied the Gryffindor, as he stalked up to the blond, and tugged him into a firm embrace. When Harry's lips sweetly met Malfoy's, and the Gryffindor gently tugged at the Slytherin's silky hair, the carton of beer crashed unheeded to the floor, bottles rolling helter-skelter, as Draco's arms came up over Harry's shoulders.

"Ummmm...."

Two sets of identical eyes winked at each other as the twins quietly shut the door they'd been peering in. "Another job well done," they congratulated themselves. "Happy birthday to us!"

Fae Moon