Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,611
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
7
Hits:
1,094

Starbuck Cottontail

Summary:

Starbuck dresses up for some orphan children.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Starbuck Cotton Tail

 

Apollo was standing outside of the gardener's shed, in the Agro Dome Park. His Lover was inside the shed and he had locked the door from the inside.

"Starbuck! The kids from the Orphan Ship are going to be here any centon now."

"SO!"

"So, get out here."

"NO!"

Apollo laughed. "Come on Starbuck. It can't be that bad."

"Want to bet!!"

Apollo laughed again. "Now Starbuck, whose idea was it to do something special for the orphans this Spring?"

"mine"

"And whose Idea was it to ask Skylar what the people on Earth do to celebrate Spring?"

"mine"

"Well then, you have no one to blame but yourself. New get out here. That's an order Lieutenant!!!"

"yes captain." Starbuck said in a glum voice. "But if the people on Earth do this type of thing to celebrate Spring, I say we'd be better off looking for somewhere else to live."

"Starbuck are you coming out?! Or do I have to blast the door down to get you!!'

"All right! I'm coming out. But you have to promise you won't laugh at me!"

"All right Star, I promise."

"You promise what Apollo?!"

Sigh. "I promise not to laugh at you Starbuck."

Starbuck unlocked the door, opened it, and walked out.

Apollo did the very best he could to keep the laughter within himself. His cheeks were puffing in and out.

Starbuck was wearing a White Easter Bunny Costume, complete with a cotton tail and a white Bunny face, painted with make up, over his face. He was carrying an Easter basket, filled with spring colored Easter Eggs. Oh!!, Let us not forget the large Bunny ears sticking out of his blond hair. I don't have to tell you, that Starbuck had a very unhappy look on his face.

Snort, Snort, "You..." Snort, "you look good Starbuck." Snort!

"That's it I'm going back in!" Starbuck turned back to the shed. But Apollo grabbed his lover by his shoulders and turned him around.

"Oh no you don't Star! You're going to stay out here and face those kids like a real Man. Uhh, Bunny."

"Ha! Ha! Very funny Apollo." Starbuck put his lit fumarello in his mouth.

That was it! Any self control the Captain may have had, was lost. The very micron he saw his Lover, with a bunny face and with a fumarello sticking out of his mouth. Apollo doubled over with laughter.

The Lieutenant's only response was to blow smoke out of his nostrils. Needless to say, that image did not help Apollo either.

"Are you quite finished CAPTAIN?!"

Apollo closed his eyes. "Yes! Yes!!" He opened them and looked at his Lover, Starbunny. Snort, Gasp, "NOOOP!!"

Just as Starbuck was about to say something he might regret, the Agro Dome was filled with children from the Orphan Ship. They were led in by the Life Spark, Skylar and Kerensa.

Kerensa was a writer from Earth that Skylar sometimes brought to visit the Galactica. Tony, another writer wasn't able to come today. He said it had to do with not wanting to see Starbuck having a bad HAIR day.

Skylar was wearing an outfit similar to a Colonel Warrior dress uniform. But it had a longer cape that flowed as he walked. His long hair was pulled back. The life sparks in his eyes flashed brightly with pride. He was very grateful that Apollo had allowed him to show himself to the Children for who he truly was; a Life Spark.

The Kids fell in love with him the moment they met him.

Kerensa looked very nice as well. She wore a dress her mother had made especially for this special day. It shone with ever color under the sun. As Kerensa moved about, the dress would change color, from a light blue to a dark forest green then pink to red. The dress gave her a Fairy Princess look. She was also beaming. This was her first time on a ship like this.

Starbuck hid behind Apollo. "You did not tell me Skylar and Kerensa were going to be here too!"

Apollo smiled as he tried to pull Starbuck out from behind him. "Starbuck, I need all the help I can get with these kids."

"Oh really! Then why is it you can command a squadron of Viper Pilots, in the heat of battle, on you own; but you need help with a group of kids like this?!"

Apollo moved behind Starbuck and pushed him towards the kids. "Come on MR. Easter Bunny, don't let the kids down. They're waiting for you!!"

Starbuck let his fumarello drop out of his mouth, as he looked back at his Lover. "I'm going to get you for this Apollo!"

"Oh, I sure hope so!" Snicker.

In spite of Starbuck's embarrassment, the party was a great success. The Kids loved the Earth's Easter Bunny. They all went on an Easter egg hunt and had a Tea Party with Skylar and Kerensa. Boxey brought Muffit with him and the Kids played Hide and Seek with the daggit. Apollo was talked into telling the children one of the many adventures he and the "Easter Bunny" had had together. Starbuck did not seem to mind so much any more. He had two kids sitting on his lap and correcting Apollo's story now and then.

Towards the end of the celebration, Skylar stood on a small hill, looking over at the party as it was winding down.
But he was mainly looking at Apollo and Starbuck, as the two were holding hands and saying goodbye to all the children.

Skylar felt tears running down his face.

Kerensa walked up behind him. "Skylar? Why are you crying?"

*"Life Sparks don't cry."* He brushed the tears away.

"Well then, you need to see a plumber, because your eyes are leaking." She smiled.

*"Do you know what Easter on Earth is supposed to be about?"* He said without looking at her

"Well I know it has to do with some sort of religious beliefs. The rising of Christ from the dead, some would say."

*"Typical of humans to change a some thing to fit their beliefs; I should know."*

"What is Easter about then?"

Skylar looked at her. *"It's celebrating the fact you survived a harsh winter; to know that Spring will bring renew life with it. The Rabbit is the symbol of fertility. You would give your Lover a raw bird egg, to represent the new life waiting to be born between the two Souls."*

Skylar looked back at Apollo and Starbuck together, kissing, now that they were alone. He looked back at her. *"Do you think I will find someone like Starbuck to love?"* Tears were back in his Sparking eyes.

Kerensa took him into her arms and held the Life Spark tight. "Of cores Skylar. They say there's someone out there for everyone."

*"But... but I have been waiting for a very long time for someone to come into my life to love."*

"Oh, Skylar, you're a very special person. It's going to take a equally special person to love you. So it's no surprise that that person has not come into your life just yet. But if I know the Fates the way I do, I'll dare to say that the right person is on their way. Be patient Skylar. Good things are worth waiting for."

*"You mean like Apollo and Starbuck?"*

"Yes, like Apollo and Starbuck. They bough love you very much. You know that don't you."

Skylar broke free of Kerensa's hug. *"Yes."*

"Good now let's go and leave the Lovers alone together."

Skylar nodded and the both of them walked towards Apollo and Starbuck.

"Well, see you boys later." She said.

"Where are you two going?" Apollo asked, still holding Starbuck's hand.

*"We're going to look for Mr...Right."*

"Or, Mr.as close as we can get." Kerensa said jokily.

*"See you two later, Apollo. I Hope!"*

"What's that supposed to mean Skylar?" Apollo let go fo his Lover's hand.

Kerensa was out the door. Skylar looked back at him. *"Well Apollo, you're alone with a 6 foot Male Rabbit and you know Male Rabbits only have one thing on their minds."

Apollo looked back at Starbuck, who was wiggling his nose at his lover. Starbuck hopped towards him. Right there and then, Apollo knew he was in trouble! Apollo looked back at Skylar, but he was gone.

Starbuck had a glare in his eyes as he took two more hops towards Apollo.

"Now...Now Starbuck what are you thinking?"

Hop, Hop, "I'm just thinking, I'm going to get you Apollo!" Hop, Hop. Starbuck was hopping towards his Lunch!.

"Starbuck, you can't be serious?!" Apollo took two steps back.

Starbuck took two hops forward. Hop, Hop." Yesssssss! I'm very serious Apollooooo!!!"

Apollo took two more steps back and Starbuck took two Hops forward.

Starbuck hopped, as he sang. "Here comes Starbuck Cotton tail. Hopping down Apollo's trail.
Hippity Hoppity. Starbuck's going to get some to day!!"

Apollo ran for his life. It hit him when he remembered what Male Rabbits had on their mine all the time.

Starbuck was hot on Apollo's trail; hopping all the way. "You can run Apollo." Hop, Hop, "But you can't hide!!"
Hop, Hop!

 

Don't you just love stories with a Hoppy Ending!

Let all Sing now!

HEAR COMES STARBUCK COTTON TAIL. HOPPING DOWN APOLLO'S TAIL. HIPPIY HOPPITY
STARBUCK GOING TO GET SOME TO DAY!!

HE HAS AN EASTER BASKET FULL OF FLAVOR LUBE. WHEIN IT COMES TO HIS LOVER ONLY THE BEST WILL DO.
STARBUCK IS GOING TO MAKE APOLLO'S EASTER BIRGHT AND GAY!!!!!!!

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Tony Lawrence.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.