Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
938
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
1,007

In need

Summary:

Rodney is in need of comfort and reassurance.

Work Text:

In need by HollyShannensAngel

Pairings: OTP- McKay/Sheppard
Timeline: Season one
Spoilers: The Storm/The Eye
Feedback: Good or bad....it only takes a few moments of your time to leave a comment.
A/N: Takes place a few days after The Eye. Has not been beta read so all mistakes are mine and this isn't up to my normal standard, so you've been warned.

 

In need

As the cliché goes things are 'easier said than done' and indeed they are, which is why it is a surprise that John doesn't have the bottle to admit his feelings-him of all people! The one, who disobeys orders, does what he pleases regardless of the consequences, the one who takes control when things spiral out of control and the one who constantly clashes with Rodney.

Wearily, John makes his way down the empty wing; he would have continued to walk if his eyes hadn't flickered towards the baloney, where a shadowed, hunched figure stood. John knows who it is, even in the darkness he recognises the person immediately.

Confidently, he makes his way towards the hunched figure, although he's far from confident, he places his rucksack onto the floor. "Rodney?"

Upon hearing the major's footsteps approach him; Rodney says nothing and instead continues to stare at the sky.

It's now or never John.

John finds himself feeling nervous; he rubs his sweaty palms against his pants, as nervous and somewhat geek laugh escapes from his mouth.

Horror and embarrassment spread across his features, making him feel even worse, fortunately, the darkness overshadows his expressions.

Rodney hears it, but says nothing, only to speak moments later. "I-I was scared." He mutters, before turning around to face the major. "I-I thought they were going to kill her I really did. I-I don't even know what came over me. I mean I was ready to take the bullet for her, me of all people can you believe it?"

He gazes at Rodney for a moment. "I can and I think you handled the situation perfectly."

Rodney laughs, bitterly. "I disagree. My God, John, I wish I could be more like you." He smirks, allowing a few moments of silence to pass. "You're the hero in everybody's eyes. But who am I? People just see me as this arrogant, geeky scientist-"

"I don't." John states with reassurance, hoping that Rodney would get the message.

Rodney glares at John, anger taking over his tone. "Bull! Everybody respects you, hell you've got kids worshipping the ground you walk on. I'm just an asset, nothing more and nothing less. Nobody and I mean nobody would have cared if I died."

"Right, because you're just an asset, nothing more and nothing less? If you want to think that then go right ahead. Rodney people do respect you more then you'll ever know."

"If I want your fucking sympathy vote I'll ask for it! Is that why you're here? To take pity on me?!"

Anger flashes through John. "NO!"

"Why the hell are you here then?"

"You really want to know?" John snaps.

"Yes, amuse me."

A bitter laugh escapes from the major's lips, before he forces Rodney against the railings, pressing his lips hard against the scientist's.

John expected Rodney to push him back and slap him, but instead he felt a reply, a reply that he wasn't expecting Rodney was kissing him back!

As Rodney's hands wrap about the major's neck John feels the scientist's wet tongue enter his warm mouth and immediately both of them began to fight for control, not surprisingly John gains control.

John's always thought that nothing could ever beat flying be it in a flight crafter or in the puddle jumper...but how wrong was he? This is better than flying any machine.

After a minute or so Rodney pulls away grinning. "That's why you came?"

John feels himself blushing as he laughs. "That and I wanted to give you this."

John picks up his rucksack and hands it to Rodney.

Rodney's eyebrows rise, as he opens the rucksack, shock washes over his features. "What's this for?"

"I know how much you love coffee and this beats the crap that we drink."

"Is it yours?"

John nods. "I want you to have it."

Rodney grins. "Really?"

"Yup."

"But it's your coffee."

"And now I'm giving it to you."

"I-I-I don't know what to say." For a moment he looks confused. "Actually I do. Where on earth did you-"

"Ah, now that would be telling wouldn't it" John says with a wink. "And if I tell you well I'd have to kill you and I don't want that...not yet anyway."

A mischievous grin appears on Rodney, as he looks at John. "Well seeing how the canteen is empty, how would you like to have the honours of drinking it with me?"

"I'd be honoured."

"And who knows what coffee might lead to." Rodney says winking at John, before both men, make their way towards the canteen.

END