Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
368
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
13
Hits:
1,113

Top and Tail

Summary:

Things get back to normal between Gibbs’ team members

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Disclaimer: The characters from the show aren't mine, they belong to others. No copyright infringement intended. Any characters you don't recognize are mine. Feedback would be nice, positive feedback would be nicer. Enjoy!

Category: NCIS angsty hurt/comfort PWP missing scene/post-eppy ficlet

Rating: PG-13 - suitable for teenagers

Characters: Ducky/Kate/OMC

Series: No

Spoilers: Meat Puzzle specifically, but anything might get a mention

Summary: Things get back to normal between Gibbs' team members.

Archive: Just tell me where it's going

Additional 'stuff': Nothing I can think of

Title: Top and tail

Coming around the corner, Kate realized she had only a few feet to go before she reached Ducky's room. Swallowing hard, she knocked, paused, then walked in.

'Ducky?' Still feeling incredibly responsible for Ducky's near-death, Kate hadn't been to visit Ducky for almost a day.

He appeared asleep, and as there were no chairs in the room, she sat on the edge of the bed and smoothed the bedclothes around his legs, her eyes deliberately avoiding the huge dressing around his neck.

'Caitlin.' Ducky's eyes opened slowly as the bed dipped and he smiled tiredly. He had lost less than a pint of blood, but the stress of the previous few days had hit suddenly, and he felt weak and sleepy.

'Ducky...I...about what happened...' Kate bit her lip.

'Kate my dear, this wasn't your fault. Ducky's hand unconsciously went to his neck. 'You took care of mother. That means a lot to me.'

Kate blushed at his kind dismissal of her failure and squeezed his hand gently. 'Can I get you anything?'

Ducky's eyes glinted playfully. 'There's a blonde nurse...about your height...and I could do with a blanket bath.'

Kate nodded and got up.

******************************

Ducky looked up as the door opened. The nurse standing in the doorway, towel and washcloth in a pile in one hand, was blonde and tall. 'Dr Mallard? Your colleague mentioned you would like a wash? I'm Nurse Collins. You can call me Geoff if you prefer. Just a top and tail to freshen you up?'

Ducky groaned and closed his eyes. Kate had clearly got over her guilt. One down, Jethro to go.

End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author fanficwriter101.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.